A multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of malignant heart tumor
Автор: Shumakov D.V., Dudakov V.A., Zybin D.I., Vashchenko A.V., Gegenava B.B., Tereshina A.A., Ivashkin B.V., Kurnosov S.A., Kapranov M.S., Popov M.A.
Журнал: Московский хирургический журнал @mossj
Рубрика: Клинические случаи
Статья в выпуске: 4 (74), 2020 года.
Introduction: paragangliomas are rare neuroendocrine neoplasms with a frequency of 0.001-0.01% in population, which arise from the adrenal medulla and extrarenal autonomic paraganglia, respectively. Paragangliomas of the heart are extremely rare primary neuroendocrine tumors of the heart, accounting for less than 1% of all cardiac neoplasms. Their location is clinically important as they can interfere with heart function. For large paragangliomas of the heart with myocardial invasion, the need for heart reconstruction or transplantation may potentially arise.Discussion: in our case, taking into account the secretion of catecholamines, sick sinus syndrome, a high risk of bleeding, and tumor fragmentation, the first stage was to achieve the regression of the tumor by means of embolization of heart tumor suppliying afferent with coils. However, due to several sources of blood supply of newgrowth, this method of treatment did not lead to the desired effect. In this regard, the tactics of open surgical intervention was chosen to remove the newgrowth with the reconstruction of heart chambers. According to the data of postoperative biopsy, removed tumor was paraganglioma. Conclusion: this experience shows the importance of a multidisciplinary and personalized approach in treatment of patients in a multidisciplinary hospital.
Paraganglioma of the heart, malignant tumor of the heart, endovascular surgery, embolization of a heart tumor, cardiac surgery
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/142229620
IDR: 142229620 | DOI: 10.17238/issn2072-3180.2020.4.95-100
Список литературы A multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of malignant heart tumor
- Alakeel F., Al Sannaa G., Ibarra-Cortez S.H., Reardon M.J., Czerniak B., Chan E.Y., Ro J. Cardiac paragangliomas: A case series with clinic pathologic features and succinate dehydrogenase B immunostaining. Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, 2020, No. 45, р. 151477. DOI: 10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2020.151477
- Alam A., Dib E., Hall S., Gonzales G., Guerrero-Miranda C. Heart failure resulting from highly invasive primary cardiac paraganglioma. JACC, 2020, March, No. 24, Vol. 75, р. 11.
- Wcislak S.M., King W.S., Waller B.R., Goins N., Dickson P.V. Multifocal pheochromocytoma-paraganglioma in a 29-year-old woman with cyanotic congenital heart disease. Surgery, 2019, No. 16, 165(1), рр. 228-231. DOI: 10.1016/j.surg.2018.08.033
- Chang S.H., Yapar I., Kozower B.D. Aorticopulmonary paraganglioma with symptomatic postoperative bradycardia. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2020, May, No. 109, Issue 5, рр. 367-369. DOI: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2019.08.046
- Berona K., Joshi R., Woo Y.J., Shrager J. Postpartum diagnosis of cardiac paraganglioma: a case report. The Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2018, October, No. 55, Issue 4, рр. 101-105. DOI: 10.1016/j.jemermed.2018.05.034