A Non-format Compliant Scalable RSA-based JPEG Encryption Algorithm
Автор: Aniruddha G. Phatak
Журнал: International Journal of Image, Graphics and Signal Processing(IJIGSP) @ijigsp
Статья в выпуске: 6 vol.8, 2016 года.
A non-format compliant JPEG encryption algorithm is proposed which is based on a modification of the RSA encryption system. Firstly, an alternate form of entropy coding is described, which is more suited to the proposed algorithm, instead of the zigzag coding scheme used in JPEG. The algorithm for the encryption and decryption process is then elaborated. A variant of the algorithm, also based on the RSA algorithm is also described, which is faster than the original algorithm, but expands the bit stream slightly. Both the algorithms are shown to be scalable and resistant to 'sketch' attacks. Finally, the encrypted file sizes for both the algorithms are compared with the unencrypted JPEG compressed image file size. The encrypted image is found to be moderately expanded, but which is justified by the high security and most importantly, the scalability of the algorithm.
Image encryption, non-format compliant algorithm, RSA, JPEG, scalability, sketch attacks
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15013989
Список литературы A Non-format Compliant Scalable RSA-based JPEG Encryption Algorithm
- Weihai Li, Yuan Yuan, 'A leak and its remedy in JPEG image encryption', International Journal of Computer Mathematics, Volume 84, Issue 9, 2007.
- M. Takayama, K. Tanaka, K. Takagi, Y. Nakajima, 'A scalable video scrambling method in MPEG compressed domain', International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing, 2008.
- S. Yong, K. Yong, X. Qi, K. Tanaka, 'Beyond format compliant encryption for JPEG images', Signal Processing: Image Communication, Volume 31, February 2015, Pages 47–60.
- S. Auer, A. Bliem, D. Engel, A. Uhl, A. Unterweger, 'Bitstream-Based JPEG Encryption in Real-time', International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics, 5(3), 1-14, July-September 2013.
- X. Niu, C. Zhou, J. Ding, B.Yang, 'JPEG Encryption with File Size Preservation', IIHMSP '08 International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, 2008, pp. 308 – 311.
- Shiyu Ji, Xiaojun Tong, Miao Zhang, 'Image encryption schemes for JPEG and GIF formats based on 3D baker with compound chaotic sequence generator', School of computer science and Technology, Harbin Institute of Technology, Weihai, 264209, China.
- D. Zhang, F. Zhang, 'Chaotic encryption and decryption of JPEG image', Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Volume 125, Issue 2, January 2014, Pages 717–720.
- Y. Luo, M. Du, D. Liu, 'JPEG Image Encryption Algorithm Based on Spatiotemporal Chaos', 2012 Fifth International Workshop on Chaos-Fractals Theories and Applications (IWCFTA), 18-21 Oct. 2012 pp 191 – 195.
- B. K. ShreyamshaKumar, Chidamber R. Patil, 'JPEG image encryption using fuzzy PN sequences', Signal, Image and Video Processing, November 2010, Volume 4, Issue 4, pp 419-427.
- A. Unterweger, A. Uhl, 'Length-preserving bit-stream-based JPEG encryption', MM&Sec '12 Proceedings of the on Multimedia and security, pp 85-90.
- C. Kailasanathan, R. Safavi-Naini, P. Ogunbona, 'Compression performance of JPEG encryption scheme', 14th International Conference on Digital Signal Processing, 1-3 July 2002, Vol 2, pp. 1329-1332.
- Kazuki Minemuraa, Zahra Moayeda, KokSheik Wonga, Xiaojun Qib, Kiyoshi Tanakac, 'JPEG image scrambling without expansion in bitstream size', 2012 19th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), pp 261-264.
- V. Suresh and C.E. Veni Madhavan, 'Image Encryption with Space-filling Curves', Defence Science Journal, Vol. 62, No. 1, January 2012, pp. 46-50.
- Shiguo Lian, Jinsheng Sun, Zhiquan Wang, 'A novel image encryption scheme based-on JPEG encoding', Eighth International Conference on Information Visualisation, 2004. IV 2004. Proceedings, pp 217-220.