Bank-specific features and its implications for financial modelling and valuation
Автор: Koptubenko A.S.
Журнал: Экономика и бизнес: теория и практика @economyandbusiness
Статья в выпуске: 5-2 (87), 2022 года.
The nature, systemic importance, and complexity of banks’ operations make them unique organizations. It is universally acknowledged that pervasive regulation, the composition of assets and liabilities, the definition of debt and a completely different structure of business and product cycle represent some of the most relevant issues to deal with in bank valuation. This article discusses the main features and specifics of banks in order to show how they affect the value generation process for shareholders.
Bank, value creation, digital banking, capital regulation, basel iii, risk weighted assets, debt, cost of capital, cash flow to equity
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/170192451
Список литературы Bank-specific features and its implications for financial modelling and valuation
- Egan M., Lewellen S., Sunderam A. The cross-section of bank value //The Review of Financial Studies. - 2022. - Т. 35. - № 5. - С. 2101-2143.
- Pyka I., Nocoń A. Banks’ capital requirements in terms of implementation of the concept of sustainable finance //Sustainability. - 2021. - Т. 13. - № 6. - С. 3499.
- Degryse H., Karapetyan A., Karmakar S. To ask or not to ask? Bank capital requirements and loan collateralization //Journal of Financial Economics. - 2021. - Т. 142. - № 1. - С. 239-260.
- Sam-Quarm R. et al.Intellectual Capital, Bank Profitability, and Bank Value. - Center for Open Science, 2020. - № y6n75.
- Mongid A., Iramani R. R., Muazaroh M. Value Creation in the Listed Banks: Do Governance Matter? // International Journal of Business and Society. - 2020. - Т. 21. - № 2. - С. 917-930.
- Zhang Y., Chong G., Jia R. Fair value, corporate governance, social responsibility disclosure and banks’ performance // Review of Accounting and Finance. - 2019.