Cross-regional itineraries as a way of territory cooperation: European and Russian experiences
Автор: Kushnir Ksenia V.
Журнал: Сервис в России и за рубежом @service-rusjournal
Рубрика: Актуальные вопросы международного сотрудничества в сфере услуг
Статья в выпуске: 3 (95), 2021 года.
Cross-regional itineraries have been proposed as national development tools for territories with some tourism potential that has been existing only within those territories. Certainly, cross-regional tourism projects provide a unique setting for specialists to analyze the opportunities, which tourism has to offer as development and transformation initiatives, but also to identify and acknowledge the existing limitations in such fragile environment. Despite this practical case, that is being observed today in Russia, only several studies about the meaning of crossregional tourism cooperation inside the country have been previously published. Taking into account this research gap, a closer look at the link between tourism development and the opportunities and challenges, that tourism presents for regional transformation, has been proposed making local tourism industries more diverse. Also the link between theoretical ideas about cross-regional itineraries and practical development programs, designed by tour operators has been viewed. It is noted that mass tourism based on cross-regional itineraries could be possible, in case if it is accompanied by available tour operator’s programs.
Cross-regional tourism cooperation, spatial sustainability, social innovation in regional spatial development
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/140259962
IDR: 140259962 | DOI: 10.24412/1995-042X-2021-3-37-50
Список литературы Cross-regional itineraries as a way of territory cooperation: European and Russian experiences
- Blasco, D., Guia, J., & Prats, L. (2014). Emergence of governance in cross-border destinations. Annals of Tourism Research, 49. 159-173.
- Durand, F. (2014). Challenges of Cross-Border Spatial Planning in the Metropolitan Regions of Luxembourg and Lille. Planning, Practice & Research, 29(2), 113-132.
- Faby, H. (2006). Tourism Policy Tools Applied by the European Union to Support Cross-bordered Tourism. In: Wachowiak, H. (Eds.). Tourism and Borders: Contemporary Issues, Policies and International Research. Aldershot: Ashgate Publishing Limited, 19-30.
- Hartman, K. (2006). Destination Management in Cross-border Regions. In: Wachowiak, H. (Eds.). Tourism and Borders: Contemporary Issues, Policies and International Research. Aldershot: Ashgate Publishing Limited.
- Ioannides, D., Nielsen, P.A., & Billing, P. (2006). Transboundary Collaboration in Tourism: the Case of the Bothnian Arc. Tourism Geographies, 8(2), 122-142.
- Kotlyakov, V. M., Kruzhalin, V. I., & Mazhar, L. Yu. (2020) Teoreticheskie osnovy razvitiya turizma na mezhregional'nom urovne [Theoretical foundations of tourism development at interregional level]. Turizm i regional'noe razvitie [Tourism and regional development]. Smolensk: Smolensk State University, 1, 17-30. (In Russ.).
- Kropinova, E. G. (2013). Sotrudnichestvo mezhdu Rossiej i ES v sfere innovacionnogo razvitiya turizma na primere programmy prigranichnogo sotrudnichestva «Litva - Pol'sha - Rossiya» [Cooperation between Russia and the EU in the field of tourism innovation development throuth the example of the cross-border cooperation program Lithuania - Poland - Russia]. Baltic Region, 4(18), 67-80. (In Russ.).
- Kruzhalin, V. I., & Mazhar, L. Yu. (2019). Mezhregional'nye turistskie proekty: aktual'nye prob-lemy formirovaniya i perspektivy razvitiya [Interregional tourism projects: topical problems of formation and development prospects]. Vestnik Moskovskogo gosudarstvennogo oblastnogo universiteta. Seriya: Estestvennye nauki [Bulletin of Moscow State Regional University. Series: Natural Sciences], 2, 40-53. (In Russ.).
- Kushnir, K. V. (2019). Konceptual'nye aspekty territorial'nogo vzaimodejstviya municipal'nyh ra-jonov v celyah prodvizheniya turizma (na primere Rossijskogo Priazov'ya) [Conceptual aspects of territorial interaction of municipal districts in order to promote tourism (using the example of the Russian Azov region)]. Vestnik Nacional'noj Akademii turizma [Bulletin of the National Academy of Tourism], 3(51), 53-57. (In Russ.).
- Kushnir, K. V. (2020). Turizm special'nyh interesov v regional'nom kontekste (na primere Rossijskogo Priazov'ya) [Tourism of special interests as a way to diversify regional tourism programs (using the example of the Russian Azov region)]. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma [Service and Tourism: Current Challenges], 15(2), 27-36. (In Russ.).
- Nilsson, J. H., Eskilsson, L., & Ek, R. (2010). Creating Cross-Border Destinations: Interreg Programmes and Regionalisation in the Baltic Sea Area. Scandinavia Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 10(2), 153-172.
- Prokkola, E.-K. (2008). Resources and barriers in tourism development: cross-border cooperation, regionalization and destination building at the Finnish-Swedish border. Fennia International Journal of Geography, 186(1), 31-46.
- Prokkola, E.-K. (2010). Borders in tourism: the transformation of the Swedish-Finnish border landscape. Current Issues in Tourism, 13(3), 223-238.
- Studzieniecki, T., & Mazurek, T. (2007). How to promote a cross-border region as a tourism destination - the case study of the bug Euroregion. Tourism Review, 62(1), 34-38.