Transformation course of hispanicization as a socio-political phenomenon of the united states of America
Автор: Barsukova D.A.
Журнал: Juvenis scientia @jscientia
Статья в выпуске: 5, 2016 года.
The article examines the problem of the Hispanic influence on the process of modification of the domestic socio-political and cultural situation in the United States. The author analyzes the specifics of migration and ethno-cultural components that form an image of the modern US society. Despite the diversity of the Hispanic diaspora, it makes a powerful force that is capable of radical changes in any aspect of public relations with its own instruments of influence in the host society. There also given the estimation of the Hispanicization development prospects as a society transforming factor with an increasing political and electoral potential. Analysis of the Hispanics role and dynamics in the US leads to the conclusion that together with all specificity of this ethnic group, their main objectives are to preserve its identity in terms of diversification of lively cultural environment and to create its own social and political agenda. The practice of studying the Hispanic community in the US is important for understanding the development perspectives of the state, as well as for awareness of key characteristics of international migration.
Hispanicization, latin american diaspora, united states of america, hispanics, latinos, латиноc
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/14110234
IDR: 14110234 | DOI: 10.15643/jscientia.2016.5.153
Список литературы Transformation course of hispanicization as a socio-political phenomenon of the united states of America
- Krogstad, J.M., Lopez, M.H. Hispanic population reaches record 55 million, but growth has cooled. Pew Research Center. URL: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/06/25/u-s-hispanic-population-growth-surge-cools/(date of access: 28 January 2016).
- The History, Art & Archives. United States House of Representatives. URL: http://history.house.gov/Exhibitions-and-Publications/HAIC/Historical-Essays/Strength-Numbers/Introduction/(date of access: 12 February2016).
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus. URL: http://chc-hinojosa.house.gov/(date of access: 12 February 2016).
- Lora, F. The 42 most influential Latino politicians -Hispanic Power. -Latino Leaders. The national magazine of the successful American Latino, Oct-Nov, 2003. URL: http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/latinos/politicians.htm (date of access: 13 February 2016).
- Levenson, M. GOP debaters beckon Hispanics. The Boston Globe, December 10, 2007 URL: http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/12/10/gop_debaters_beckon_hispanics/(date of access: 12.02.2016).
- Lopez, M. H., Taylor, P. Latino voters in the 2012 election. Pew Research Center. Pew Hispanic Center, November 7, 2012. URL: http://www.pewhispanic.org/files/2012/11/2012_Latino_vote_exit_poll_analysis_final_11-07-12.pdf (date of access: 13 February 2016).
- Facundo, M. California officials expect Latino vote to be bigger than ever this election year. Fox News Latino, 2016. URL: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2016/01/21/california-expects-latino-vote-to-be-bigger-than-ever-this-election-year/(date of access: 13 February 2016).
- Desilver, D. Supreme Court could reshape voting districts, with big impact on Hispanics. Pew Research Center, 2015. URL: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/12/10/supreme-court-could-reshape-voting-districts-with-big-impact-on-hispanics/(date of access: 14 February 2016).
- Lopez, M.H., Rohal, M. Latino voters and the 2014 midterm elections: geography, close races and views of social issues. Pew Research Center. URL: http://www.pewhispanic.org/files/2014/10/2014-10-16_hispanics-in-the-2014-midterm-elections.pdf (date of access: 15 February 2016).
- Taylor, P., Gonzalez-Barrera, A., Passel, J.S., Lopez, M.H. An Awakened Giant: The Hispanic Electorate is Likely to Double by 2030. Pew Research Center. Hispanic Trends, 2012. URL: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/11/14/an-awakened-giant-the-hispanic-electorate-is-likely-to-double-by-2030/(date of access: 12 February 2016).
- Stats on the Latino Electorate Heading into 2016. NBC news, 2016. URL: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/101/video/stats-on-the-latino-electorate-heading-into-2016-604444739741 (date of access: 15 February 2016).