A Comprehensive Study with Challenges of Internet of Things (IoT) based Model for Smart Farming
Автор: Sonu Rana, Jyoti Verma, A.K. Gautam
Журнал: International Journal of Education and Management Engineering @ijeme
Статья в выпуске: 4 vol.12, 2022 года.
In most developing countries, the majority of the population heavily rely on agriculture for their livelihood. The yield of agriculture is heavily dependent on uncertain weather conditions like monsoon, soil fertility, availability of irrigation facilities and fertilizers as well as support from Govt. The main challenge in this study if the agricultural yield which is quite less compared to the effort put in due to inefficient agricultural implements and lack of knowledge on the other hand. It is therefore essential for the farmers to improve their harvest yield by acquisition of related data such as soil condition, temperature, humidity, availability of irrigation facilities, availability of manure etc and adopt smart farming techniques using modern agricultural equipment. A trend has started amongst the farmers to shift from traditional conventional farming to smart farming using the Internet of Things (IoT) technology, which can help improve yield with reduced effort at economic cost. The main focus of this paper is to present work related to these technologies in the agriculture field. This also presented their challenges & benefits related to smart farming. For improving the system, IoT will interact with other useful systems like Wireless Sensor Networks. It can help for understanding the job of data by using IoT and correspondence advancements in horticulture division. This will help to motivate and educate the unskilled farmers to comprehend the best bits of knowledge given by the huge information investigation utilizing smart technology and also provide data analysis in terms of temperature, humidity that can help farmers to reduce computation time. It will also help to identify water utilization in prior.
Agriculture Technology, Data Analytics, IoT, Smart Farming, Smart Agriculture, Smart Technology, Wireless Communication etc
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15018485
IDR: 15018485 | DOI: 10.5815/ijeme.2022.04.05
Список литературы A Comprehensive Study with Challenges of Internet of Things (IoT) based Model for Smart Farming
- Weber, R, 2010, 'Internet of Things: legitimate perspectives‖', Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 1-22.
- Deep, A, Bhattacharjee, A, 2017, 'Smart Farming Using IOT', IEEE, pp. 278-280.
- Boursianis, A, Papadopoulou, M, 2020, 'Internet of Things & Agricultural Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Smart Farming: A Comprehensive Review', Elsevier Journal of Internet of Things, pp. 01-44.
- Glaroudis, D, Iossifides, A, 2019, 'Suryey, Comparison & Research Challenges of IoT Application Protocols for Smart Farming', Elsevier Journal of Internet of Things, pp. 01-26.
- Prathibha, S, Hongal, A, 2017, 'IoT based Monitoring System in Smart Agriculture', International Conference on Recent Advances in Elec. & Comm. Tech., pp. 81-84.
- Nawandar, N, Satpute, V, 2019, 'IoT based Low Cost & Intelligent Module for Smart Irrigation System', Journal of Comp. & Elec. in Agriculture, pp. 979–990.
- Anitha, R, Suresh, D, Gnaneswar, P, 2019, 'IoT based Automatic Soil Moisture Monitoring System using Rasberry Pi', International Journal of Innovative Tech. & Exploring Engg., vol. 9, issue 2, pp.4375-4379.
- Mythili, R, Kumari, M, 2019, 'IoT based Smart Monitoring System', International Journal of Recent Tech. & Engg., vol. 8, issue 4, pp. 5490-5494.
- Balamurugan, C, Satheesh, R, 2017, 'Development of Raspberry Pi & IoT based Monitoring & Controlling Devices for Agriculture', Journal of Social, Tech. & Environmental Science, pp. 207-215.
- Putjaikal, N, Phusael, S, Chen-Im, A, 2016, 'A Control System in an Intelligent Farming by using Arduino Technology', ICT Intern. Student Proj. Conference, pp. 59-62.
- Saha, A, Saha, J, Ray, R, 2018, 'IoT based Drone for Improvement of Crop Quality in Agricultural Field', IEEE, pp. 612-615.
- Naresh, M, Munaswamy, P, 2019, 'Smart Agriculture System using IoT Technology', International Journal of Recent Tech. & Engg, vol. 7, issue 5, pp. 98-102.
- Suma, N, Samson, S, Saranya, S, 2017, 'IoT based Smart Agriculture Monitoring System', International Journal on Recent & Innovative Trends in Computing & Comm., vol. 5, issue 2, pp. 177 – 181.
- Savale, O, Managave, A, Ambekar, D, 2015, 'IoT in Precision Agriculture using Wireless Sensor Networks', International Journal of Advanced Engg. & Innovative Tech., vol. 2, issue 3, pp. 01-04.
- Elijah, O, Rahman, T, 2018, 'An Overview of IoT & Data Analytics in Agriculture: Benefits & Challenges', IEEE IoT Journal, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 3758-3773.
- Jha, K, Doshi, A, Patel, P, 2019, 'A Comprehensive Review on Automation in Agriculture using Artificial Intelligence', Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture, pp. 01-12.
- Kjellby, R, Cenkeramaddi, L, 2019, 'Long Range & Self Powered IoT Devices for Agriculture & Aquaponics based on Multi Hop Topology', IEEE World Forum on IoT, pp. 545-549.
- Mohanraj, I, Ashokumar, K, 2016, 'Field Monitoring & Automation using IoT in Agriculture Domain', International Conf. on Advances in Computing & Comm., pp. 931-939.
- Shahzadi, R, Tausif, M, 2016, 'IoT based Expert System for Smart Agriculture', Journal of IoT Iran, Vol. 7, No. 9, pp. 341-350.
- Patil, K, Kale, N, 2016, 'A Model for Smart Agriculture using IoT', International Conf. on Global Trends in Signal Processing, Inf. Computing & Comm, pp. 543-545.
- Maram, B, Gopisetty, G, 2019, "The Role of IoT in Agricultural Fields", International Journal of Mech. Engg & Technology, Vol. 10, Issue 01, pp. 858–866.
- Suciu, G, Istrate, C, 2019, 'Secure Smart Agriculture Monitoring Technique through Isolation', IEEE , pp. 01-05.
- Boonnithiphat, P, Somchit, Y, 2016, 'New Cost Calculation Method for Finding Shortest Path of Hybrid VANET Protocol', IEEE Inter. Conf. on IoT in Social, Mobile, Analytics & Cloud, pp. 01-05.
- Carignani, M, Ferrini, S, Petracca, M, 2015, 'A Prototype Bridge between Automotive & IoT', IEEE, pp. 01-06.
- Chang, T, Lee, D, Lin, C, 2018, "A Practical Dynamic Positioning & Tracking on Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network", IEEE, pp. 338-341.
- R. Venkatesan and A. Tamilvanan, 2017, "A sustainable agricultural system using IoT," in International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing (ICCSP).
- W. Zhao and S. Lin and J. Han and R. Xu and L. Hou, 2017, "Design and Implementation of Smart Irrigation System Based on LoRa," in IEEE Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps).
- S. Sagar and G. Kumar and L. Xavier and S. Sivakumar and R. Durai, 2017 "Smart irrigation system with flood avoidance technique," in Third International Conference on Science Technology Engineering & Management (ICONSTEM)
- S. Saraf and D. Gawali, 2017 "IoT based smart irrigation monitoring and controlling system," in 2nd IEEE International Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics, Information & Communication Technology (RTEICT).
- Rama Chidambaram RM and Vikas Upadhyaya, 2017, "Automation in drip irrigation using IOT devices," in Fourth International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP).
- Kumar, K.A. and Aju, D., 2020. An Internet of Thing based Agribot (IOT-Agribot) for precision agriculture and farm monitoring. Int. J. Educ. Manag. Eng, 10(4), pp.33-39.
- Shetty, H.M., Pai, K. and Mallya, N., 2021. Fully Automated Hydroponics System for Smart Farming. International Journal of Engineering and Manufacturing, 4, pp.33-41.
- Alotaibi, A. and Nadeem, F., 2021. A Review of Applications of Linear Programming to Optimize Agricultural Solutions. International Journal of Information Engineering & Electronic Business, 13(2).