A Comprehensive Survey of Location Based Routing in Vehicular Networks
Автор: Vikram Dhiman, Ikjot Saini, Manoj Kumar
Журнал: International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies(IJWMT) @ijwmt
Статья в выпуске: 1 Vol.7, 2017 года.
Vehicular network is the real time network formed by the highly dynamic nodes. This environment of VANET along with the fixed geographical mapping of roads slows down the delivery of the message in case of unicast and broadcast. When unicast is applied then the latency increases significantly as hop count increases. While broadcast make use of the network resources which degrades the performance by decreasing the efficiency of the network. However, multicast is proposed as the parameter to enhance the performance by introducing multicasting trees. This strategy is applied for maintaining the vehicular nodes in a multicast tree manner which will provide single path between two vehicles in the tree. Further, in case of the link failures, tree partitions and reconfiguration is needed this induces to have very low latency and reduces packet overhead. Various location based routing protocols are discussed which reveals different aspects and applications of variety of routing protocols relying on the location information.
LAR, Multicasting, VANET, Location based routing
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15012972
Список литературы A Comprehensive Survey of Location Based Routing in Vehicular Networks
- Vehicular networks using the IEEE 802.11p standard: An experimental analysis by Fernando A. Teixeira,Vinicius F. e Silva, Jesse L. Leoni, Daniel F. Macedo, José M.S. Nogueira, Volume 1, Issue 2, April 2014, Pages 91–96
- Y. B. Ko and N. Vaidya, "Location-aided routing (LAR) in mobile ad hoc networks," in Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM'98), 1998, pp. 66–75.
- Y. B. Ko and N. Vaidya, "Geocasting in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks: Location-Based Multicast Algorithms", In 2nd IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, New Orleans, Louisiana, February 1999,pp. 101-110.
- Y. B. Ko and N. Vaidya, Geo TORA: A Protocol for Geo casting in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. In: IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols, Osaka, Japan, 2000, pp.240-250.
- Stefano Basagni, Imrich Chlamtac, Violet R.Syrotiuk, and Barry A. Woodward, "A distance routing effect algorithm for mobility (DREAM)", In MobiCom'98:Proceedings of the 4th annual ACM/IEEE international conference on Mobile computing and networking (1998), pp. 76-84.
- Guoqing Zhang,, Wu. Chen, Zhong Xu,, Hong Liang, and Li Gao Dejun Mu, "Geocast Routing in Urban Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks", in R. Lee, and G.Hu, H. Miao, Eds. Computer and Information Science 2009, SCI 208, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009,pp.23-31.
- E.Ahvar and M. Fathy, "Performance evaluation ofrouting protocols for high density ad hoc networks based on energy consumption by GlomoSim simulator" in the Proceedings Of World Academy Of Science, Engineering And Technology, Volume 23, August 2007. pp. 97-100.
- D.B. Johnson and D.A. Maltz, Dynamic Source Routing in Ad-Hoc Wireless Networks (Kluwer Academic, 1996)
- D.B. Johnson and D.A. Maltz, The Dynamic Source Routing protocol for mobile Ad-Hoc Wireless Networks (intenet draft), in: Mobile Adhoc Network (MANET) Working Group, IETF(1998).
- Kukshya, V. and H. Krishnan. Experimental measurements and modeling for vehicle-to-vehicle Dedicated Short Range Communication (DSRC) wireless channels. in Vehicular Technology Conference, 2006. VTC-2006 Fall. 2006 IEEE 64th. 2006.
- Gergely V. Záruba, Vamsi K. Chaluvadi, and Azeem M. Suleman, "LABAR: Location Area Based Ad Hoc Routing for GPS-Scarce Wide-Area Ad Hoc Networks"IEEE;00, 2003, 7-7669955-1- 1889953;0-13.
- S. Basagni, I. Chlamtac, V.R. Syrotiuk, B.A. Woodward, "A distance routing effect algorithm for mobility (DREAM)" in: Proceedings of the ACM MOBICOM, pp. 76–84, 1998.
- B. Karp and H. Kung,. "GPSR: Greedy Perimeter Stateless Routing for Wireless Networks" in: Proceedings of ACM MobiCom, 2000, pp. 243–254
- Tzay-Farn Shih and Hsu-Chun Yen, "Location-aware routing protocol with dynamic adaptation of request zone for mobile ad hoc networks", Springer Wireless Network,14:321–333,DOI 10.1007/s11276-006-9955-y, 2008.
- Mohammad A. Mikki, "Energy Efficient Location Aided Routing Protocol for Wireless MANETs" International Journal of computer science and Information Security, Vol. 4, No.1 & 2, pp 331-337, 2009
- Karim El Defrawy, Member, and Gene Tsudik, Senior Member, "Privacy-Preserving Location-Based On-Demand Routing in MANETs" IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS, ( 29): 10,1926-1934, 2011
- Haiying Shen and Lianyu Zhao ALERT, "An Anonymous Location Based Efficient Routing Protocol in MANETs" IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MOBILE COMPUTING, 2013, (12) 6:1079- 1093
- Mohammad Al-Rabayah, Robert Malaney, "A New Hybrid Location-based Ad Hoc Routing Protocol" IEEE Communications Society subject matter experts for publication, 978-1-4244-5638- 3/10, 2010
- Dan Lue & Jipeng Jhou,."An Improved Hybrid Location Based Routing Protocol For Ad-H0c network" IEEE Network, 978-1-4244- 6252, Nov-2011
- Jangsu Lee, Seunghwan Y00, and Sungchun Kim, "Energy aware Routing in Location based Ad-hoc Networks" Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing, ISCCSP, 978-1-4244-6287-2, 3-5, Mar-2010
- Shanshan Lu, Yanliang Liu, Yonghe Liu and Mohan Kumar, "A Location Based Routing Scheme For Opportunistic Networks" IEEE Netwok, 978-1-4673-2433, 2012
- Dr. E. George Dharma Prakash, Raj, S. Selva Kumar and R. Lekha, "LBRP: GEOGRAPHIC ROUTING PROTOCOLS FOR MANETs" IEEE-International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology, ICRTIT, 2011, 978-1-4577-0590.
- Jin-I Kim, Jeong-Young Song, Yoon-cheol Hwang, "Location-based Routing Algorithm Using Clustering in the MANET" Future Generation Communication and Networking (FGCN), 2007, (2 ): 527 – 531,0-7695-3048-6.
- Haidar Safa ,Hassan Artail and Diana Tabet, "A cluster-based trustaware routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks" Springer Science Business Media, LLC, 16:969–984, DOI 10.1007/s11276- 009-0182-1, 2010.
- Thipchaksurat Sakachai and Putthiphong Kirdpipat "Impact of Mobility on Location-based Routing with Adaptive Request Zone in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks" IEEE Network, 2012, 978-1-4673-2025.
- MECS Journal
- Home Latest News & Events Aims and Scope Submit a Paper Author Guidelines Editorial Board Review Process E-Mail Alert Become a Member Indexing Service Publication Charge Recommend to Library Best Paper Awards Terms & Conditions Special Issues Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement