A Cross-Layer Dynamic Probabilistic Broadcasting Strategy for Mobile Ad hoc Networks
Автор: WANG Qingwen, Shi Haoshan, Qi Qian
Журнал: International Journal of Education and Management Engineering(IJEME) @ijeme
Статья в выпуске: 12 vol.2, 2012 года.
In order to solve the broadcast storm problem caused by blind flooding, a cross-layer dynamic probabilistic broadcasting strategy for mobile ad hoc networks (CLDPB) is proposed. CLDPB adopts the cross-layer design, which let routing layer share the received signal power information at MAC layer while still maintaining separation between the two layers. The additional transmission range that can benefit from rebroadcast is calculated according to the received signal power, which is applied to dynamically adjust the rebroadcast probability. CLDPB reduces the redundant retransmission and the chance of the contention and collision in the networks. Simulation results reveal that the CLDPB achieves better performance in terms of the saved-rebroadcast, the average packet drop fraction, the average number of collisions and average end-to-end delay, which is respectively compared with the blind flooding and fixed probabilistic flooding applied at the routing layer while IEEE 802.11 at the MAC layer.
Mobile Ad Hoc Network, flooding, broadcasting, cross-layer design, rebroadcast probability
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15013792
Список литературы A Cross-Layer Dynamic Probabilistic Broadcasting Strategy for Mobile Ad hoc Networks
- A. M. Hanashi, et al., "Performance evaluation of dynamic probabilistic broadcasting for flooding in mobile ad hoc networks," Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, vol. 17, pp. 364-375, 2009.
- K. Jae-soo, et al., "Probabilistic broadcasting based on coverage area and neighbor confirmation in mobile ad hoc networks," in Global Telecommunications Conference Workshops, 2004. GlobeCom Workshops 2004. IEEE, 2004, pp. 96-101.
- Y.-C. Tseng, et al., "The broadcast storm problem in a mobile ad hoc network," Wirel. Netw., vol. 8, pp. 153-167, 2002.
- J.-D. Abdulai, et al., "Adjusted probabilistic route discovery in mobile ad hoc networks," Computers & Electrical Engineering, vol. 35, pp. 168-182, 2009.
- Q. Zhang and D. P. Agrawal, "Dynamic probabilistic broadcasting in MANETs," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 65, pp. 220-233, 2005.
- M. Bani-Yassein, et al., "Performance Analysis of Adjusted Probabilistic Broadcasting in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," International Journal of Wireless Information Networks, vol. 13, pp. 127-140, 2006.
- W. Xiaodong, et al., "A cross-layer approach for efficient flooding in wireless sensor networks," in Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, 2005 IEEE, 2005, pp. 1812-1817 Vol. 3.
- M. Conti, et al., "Cross-layering in mobile ad hoc network design," Computer, vol. 37, pp. 48-51, 2004.
- Z. Liu, et al., "A Routing Agent Using Cross-Layer Method for Collision Avoidance in Ad Hoc Networks," in Agent and Multi-Agent Systems: Technologies and Applications. vol. 5559, A. Håkansson, et al., Eds., ed: Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, 2009, pp. 325-334.
- A. Goldsmith, WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS: Stanford University, 2004.