A Flaming Ions and Fire Accident Detection and Notification System: Imperative to Learning C-Programming Language
Автор: Salako E. Adekunle
Журнал: International Journal of Education and Management Engineering @ijeme
Статья в выпуске: 1 vol.12, 2022 года.
Fire is a threat to lives and properties when no proactive measure is engaged towards curbing the occurrence. Fire occurs whenever there is a complete reaction of combustible fuel, heat and oxygen. The students require technological skills for digitally-based society. This paper presented an automated flaming ions–fire detection and notification system that detected a combustible flaming ion before fire occurs, alerted the relevant authority using Short Message Service (SMS) through Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) modem for urgent attention and imparted students with relevant skills in designing and implementation of automated systems. The developed system was continuously scanning for detection of combustible flaming ions by the sensors in its vicinity. The relevant authority not available within the surroundings as well as people within the neighbourhood was alerted for fast response before the fire incidence. The developed system had a response mean-time of 3.55s in detecting flaming ions before the occurrence of fire. The flaming ions were detected at the mean-time of 3.55seconds prior to the fire occurrence from the tested materials. It was remarked by the users that a prompt detection of flaming ions could prompt response from fire fighters and prevent any damages from fire incidence and principally, the students in the field of Computer Science were imparted with computational skills in designing and implementing a detection and notification system.
Flaming Ions, Fire Accident, Detection, Notification System and Learning
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15018277
IDR: 15018277 | DOI: 10.5815/ijeme.2022.01.05
Список литературы A Flaming Ions and Fire Accident Detection and Notification System: Imperative to Learning C-Programming Language
- Faouzi, D. (2016). Reliable wireless communication for fire detection systems in commercial and residential areas. Proceedings of Wireless Communications and Networking, 654-659.
- Karwan, M., Ebubekir, E., & Sercan, V. (2015). Design and implementation of the mobile fire alarm system using wireless sensor networks. Journal of Applied Sciences, 11(17), 3104–3116.
- Oke, A. O, Falohun, A. S., Adetunji, A. B. (2015). Development of a gsm - based fire detector system. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering, 1, 1–3.
- Omar, A., Belayat, H., Mamun, H., & Toufikur, R. (2016). Fire-detectors review and design of an automated, quick responsive fire-alarm system based on SMS. International Journal Communications, Network and System Sciences, 7, 386–395.
- Vidhy, K., Divya D., & Rajashree K. (2017). Design and implementation of a fire detection and control system for automobiles using fuzzy logic. International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology, 6(4), 112–119.
- Yeon-sup, L., Sangsoon, L., & Jaehyuk, C. (2017). A fire detection and rescue support framework with wireless sensor networks. Proceedings of International Conference on Convergence Information Technology, 135-138.
- Van der Geer, J., Hanraads, J. A. J., & Lupton, R. A. (2000). The art of writing a scientific article. Journal of Science Communication, 163:51-9.
- Spearpoint, M. J. (2008). Fire detection. New Zealand Science Teacher, 117, 14-16. 2008.
- Othman, O. K., Albagul, A., Sheroz, K., Mohd, R., I., & Noruzaihan, M. U. (2008). Wireless Smoke Detection System. Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering, 409-413.
- Dikio, C. I., Chukwuka, L. O., & Promise, E. (2017). Design and Implementation of an Improved Smoke Detection System. European Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, (EJECE), 1(3), 23-30.
- Jijitha, R., & Shabin, P. (2019). A review on forest fire detection. Research and Applications: Embedded System, 2(3), 1-8.
- Zhan, Y., & Feng, D. (2019). Development of fire alarm system based on wireless sensor networks. Journal of Information Security, 5(2), 213-212.
- Abdul, K., & Rifat, J. (2016). A Fire Detection and Monitoring system. International Journal of Computer Applications, 133(6), 197-211.
- Addai, E. K., Tulashie, S. K., Annan, J., & Yeboah, I. (2016). Trend of fire outbreaks in Ghana and ways to prevent these incidents. Safety and Health at Work, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.shaw.2016.02.004
- Sergi, C., Carles, C., & Cristina, V. (2017). Human-caused fire occurrence modelling in perspective: a review. International Journal of Wildland Fire, 26, 983–998.
- Zhang, Y., Lim, S., & Sharples, J. J. (2016). Modelling spatial patterns of wildfire occurrence in south-eastern Australia. Geomatics, Natural Hazards & Risk, 5705, 1–16. doi:10.1080/19475705.2016.1155501
- Vilar, L., Camia, A., San-Miguel-Ayanz, J., & Martı´n, M. P. (2016). Modeling temporal changes in human-caused wildfires in Mediterranean Europe based on land use–land cover interfaces. Forest Ecology and Management, 378, 68–78. doi:10.1016/J.FORECO.2016.07.020
- Razib, H. K., Z. A., Bhuiyan, S. S., & Rahman, S. K. (2019). A smart and cost-effective fire detection system for developing country: An IoT based approach. International Journal of Information Engineering and Electronic Business (IJIEEB), 11(3), 16-24. DOI: 10.5815/ijieeb.2019.03.03
- Marty, A. (2021). Smoke Alarms in US Home Fires. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), 1-14.
- Hamood, A., Amgad, M., & Suliman, M. F. (2020). A smart fire detection system using IoT technology with automatic water sprinkler. International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE), 9(4), 101-108.
- David, U. P., Tayy, F., & Kyhan, E. (2021). Internet of things and fire detection system. Journal of Science and Engineering, 7(2), 124-132.
- Satayh, H., Seyiht, J. P., & Hsalfy, O. (2021). Wireless Fire Notification and Alarm System. Journal of Research on Engineering and Technology (JRET), 12(4), 65-79.
- Munriy, K., & Patty, O. R. (2021). Automated Fire Detection System. Information Technology Research, 18(1), 216-225.