Artificial intelligence as a basis for innovation management in tourism
Автор: Muminova Svetlana R., Tomashevskaya Natalia G.
Статья в выпуске: 2 (99), 2022 года.
The paper overviews theoretical researches and practical applications related to implementation of artificial intelligence (AI) in tourism. Recently, much attention is given to the machine learning algorithms, neural networks and computer visions as promising tools of the digital transformation of tourist industry. Prognostic and classification models build by means of them allow all stakeholders of tourist industry to move to a new level of decision-making process and thus to improve the quality of the service. In particularly, AI-based software enables local authorities not only to measure anthropogenic load in some area, to perform ecologic monitoring of recreation territories and to model their sustainable development, but also to increase safety level for tourists. Transport companies could optimize tourist itineraries and study behavior models of the clients at the moment of buying tickets and hotel and restaurant owners would get more efficient tools for determining preferences of the consumers, the degree of their satisfaction and that would lead to constructing much more efficient relations with them. Another important issue is that neural networks are capable to resolve the problem of fake reviews. Undoubtedly, that will rise the credibility of the information available on internet. Summarizing, AI is becoming a new technological paradigm on the basis of which an innovative management processes in tourism will be designed soon.
Innovation, neural network, machine learning, tourism, computer vision, big data analysis
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/140293618
Список литературы Artificial intelligence as a basis for innovation management in tourism
- Muminova, S. R., Feoktistova, V. M., & Vagina, U. V. (2018). Innovation in tourism based on information technology. Servís v Rossii i za rubezhom [Services in Russia and Abroad], 12(1), 6-15. doi: 10.24411/1995-042X-2018-10101. (In Russ).
- Li, H., Hu, M., & Li, G. (2020). Forecasting tourism demand with multisource big data. Annals of Tourism Research. doi: 10.1016/j.annals.2020.102912.
- Su, X. (2020). Simulation of economic development of tourism industry based on FPGA and machine learning. Microprocessors and Microsystems. doi: 10.1016/j.micpro.2020.103523.
- Luo, Y., He, J., Mou, Yu., Wang, J., & Liu, T. (2021). Exploring China's 5A global geoparks through online tourism reviews: A mining model based on machine learning approach. Tourism Management Perspectives. doi: 10.1016/j.tmp.2020.100769.
- Bi, J.-W., Liu, Y., & Li, H. (2020). Daily tourism volume forecasting for tourist attractions. Annals of Tourism Research. doi: 10.1016/j.annals.2020.102923.
- Almukhamedova, O. A. (2021). Applying the artificial intelligence neural network systems in achieving sustainable tourism development. Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom [Services in Russia and Abroad], 15(3), 7-17. doi: 10.24412/1995-042X-2021-3-7-17. (In Russ.).
- Khorsand, R., Rafiee, M., & Kayvanfar, V. (2020). Insights into TripAdvisor's online reviews: The case of Tehran's hotels. Tourism Management Perspectives. doi: 10.1016/j.tmp.2020.100673.
- Giglio, S., Pantano, E., Bilotta, E., & Melewar, T. C. (2020). Branding luxury hotels: Evidence from the analysis of consumers' "big" visual data on TripAdvisor. Journal of Business Research. doi: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.10.053.
- Budhi, G. S., Chiong, R., Wang, Z., & Dhakal, S. (2021). Using a hybrid content-based and behaviour-based featuring approach in a parallel environment to detect fake reviews. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications. doi: 10.1016/j.elerap.2021.101048.
- Wang, N., Yang, J., Kong, X., & Gao, Y. (2022). A fake review identification framework considering the suspicion degree of reviews with time burst characteristics. Expert Systems with Applications. doi: 10.1016/j.eswa.2021.116207.
- Gómez, D., Salvador, P., Sanz, J., & Casanova, J. L. (2021). A new approach to monitor water quality in the Menor sea (Spain) using satellite data and machine learning methods. Environmental Pollution. doi: 10.1016/j.envpol.2021.117489.
- Zhang, K., Lin, Zh., & Zhang, J. (2021). Tourist gaze through computer vision: Differences between Asian, North American, and European tourists. Annals of Tourism Research. doi: 10.1016/j.an-nals.2020.103039.
- Payntar, N. D., Hsiao, W.-L., Covey, R. A., & Grauman, K. (2021). Learning patterns of tourist movement and photography from geotagged photos at archaeological heritage sites in Cuzco, Peru. Tourism Management. doi: 10.1016/j.tourman.2020.104165.
- Zhang, Y., Yang, H., & Wang, G. (2021). Monitoring and management of high-end tourism in protected areas based on 3D sensor image collection. Displays. doi: 10.1016/j.displa.2021.102089.
- Lin, Y. (2020). Automatic recognition of image of abnormal situation in scenic spots based on Internet of things. Image and Vision Computing. doi: 10.1016/j.imavis.2020.103908.
- Abkarian, H., Tahlyan, D., Mahmassani, H., & Smilowitz, K. (2022). Characterizing visitor engagement behavior at large-scale events: Activity sequence clustering and ranking using GPS tracking data. Tourism Management. doi: 10.1016/j.tourman.2021.104421.
- Barnes, S. J., & Kirshner, S. N. (2021). Understanding the impact of host facial characteristics on Airbnb pricing: Integrating facial image analytics into tourism research. Tourism Management. doi: 10.1016/j.tourman.2020.104235
- Sengupta, P., Biswas, B., Kumar, A., Shankar, R., & Gupta, S. (2021). Examining the predictors of successful Airbnb bookings with Hurdle models: Evidence from Europe, Australia, USA and Asia-Pacific cities. Journal of Business Research. doi: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2021.08.035.
- Sánchez-Medina, A. J., & C-Sánchez, E.(2020). Using machine learning and big data for efficient forecasting of hotel booking cancellations. International Journal of Hospitality Management. doi: 10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102546.
- Webb, T., Schwartz, Z., Xiang, Zh., & Singal, M. (2020). Revenue management forecasting: The resiliency of advanced booking methods given dynamic booking windows. International Journal of Hospitality Management. doi: 10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102590.
- Huang, L., & Zheng, W. (2021). Novel deep learning approach for forecasting daily hotel demand with agglomeration effect. International Journal of Hospitality Management. doi: 10.1016/j.ijhm.2021.103038.
- Al Shehhi, M., & Karathanasopoulos, A. (2020). Forecasting hotel room prices in selected GCC cities using deep learning. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management. doi: 10.1016/j.jhtm.2019.11.003.
- Gaur, L., Afaq, A., Solanki, A., Singh, G., Sharma, S., Jhanjhi, N. Z., My, H. T., & Le, D.-N. (2021). Capitalizing on big data and revolutionary 5G technology: Extracting and visualizing ratings and reviews of global chain hotels. Computers & Electrical Engineering. doi: 10.1016/j.compele-ceng.2021.107374.
- Zhang, C., Xu, Z., Gou, X., & Chen, S. (2021). An online reviews-driven method for the prioritization of improvements in hotel services. Tourism Management. doi: 10.1016/j.tourman.2021.104382.
- I vanko, D., S0rensen, A. L., & Nord, N. (2020). Selecting the model and influencing variables for DHW heat use prediction in hotels in Norway. Energy and Buildings. doi: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2020.110441.
- Tanizaki, T., Hoshino, T., Shimmura, T., & Takenaka, T. (2020). Restaurants store management based on demand forecasting. Procedia CIRP. doi: 10.1016/j.procir.2020.05.101.
- Lu, J., Meng, Y., Timmermans, H., & Zhang, A. (2021). Modeling hesitancy in airport choice: A comparison of discrete choice and machine learning methods. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice. doi: 10.1016/j.tra.2021.03.006.
- Gunter, U., & Zekan, B. (2021). Forecasting air passenger numbers with a GVAR model. Annals of Tourism Research. doi: 10.1016/j.annals.2021.103252.
- Khan, W. A., Ma, H.-L., Chung, S.-H., & Wen, X. (2021). Hierarchical integrated machine learning model for predicting flight departure delays and duration in series. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies. doi: 10.1016/j.trc.2021.103225
- Zhu, X., & Li, L. (2021). Flight time prediction for fuel loading decisions with a deep learning approach. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies. doi: 10.1016/j.trc.2021.103179.
- Yuan, Y., Yang, M., Feng, T., Rasouli, S., Li, D., & Ruan, X. (2021). Heterogeneity in passenger satisfaction with air-rail integration services: Results of a finite mixture partial least squares model. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice. doi: 10.1016/j.tra.2021.03.003.
- Kumova, D. M. (2021). The use of artificial intelligence-based platforms in tourism. Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom [Services in Russia and Abroad], 15(3), 18-26. doi: 10.24412/1995-042X-2021-3-18-26. (In Russ.).