BER Analysis with Adaptive Modulation Coding in MIMO-OFDM for WiMAX using GNU Radio
Автор: B. Siva Kumar Reddy, B. Lakshmi
Статья в выпуске: 4 Vol.4, 2014 года.
This paper explores how MIMO increases channel capacity and how the fundamental characteristics of a MIMO system can create significant test challenges. Spatial modulation (SM) is the latest developed modulation method in the field of communication. The latest research on this shows that SM is useful to achieve the multiplexing gain for the single antenna system, this avoids the inter-channel interference but the spatial modulation is inherently unable to get transmit-diversity. In other words, SM is a novel modulation technique which combines the high multiplexing gain provided by the spatial modulation and transmit-diversity gain, given by the space time block codes (STBCs) technology. Different space-time block coding (STBC) schemes including Alamouti’s STBC for 2 transmit antennas as well as orthogonal STBC (OSTBC) for 3 and 4 transmit antennas are explored. The result of using these MIMO techniques is higher data rate or longer transmit range without requiring additional bandwidth or transmit power. This paper presents a detailed study of diversity coding for MIMO systems. In addition, adaptive modulation and coding (AMC) technique in conjunction with MIMO techniques constitute a technological breakthrough that greatly helps in satisfying the ever increasing demands of wireless networks. This paper presents a performance study of Mobile WiMAX networks based on MIMO and AMC perspectives. It also describes how to implement WiMAX PHY with MIMO on software defined radio (SDR) experimental setup with the help of USRP N210 as hardware and GNU Radio as software platforms.
AMC, GNU Radio, MIMO-OFDM, STBC, OSTBC, USRP N210, WiMAX
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15012874
Список литературы BER Analysis with Adaptive Modulation Coding in MIMO-OFDM for WiMAX using GNU Radio
- Shi, Wang, Wang Yingchun, and Guan Jianxin. "A New Ranging Technique for IEEE 802.16 e Uplink." International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies (IJWMT), vol. 1, no. 4, 2011.
- Pan, Yuwen, Andrew Nix, and Mark Beach, "Distributed resource allocation for OFDMA-based relay networks", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 919-931, 2011.
- Sur, Samarendra Nath, and Debjyoti Ghosh. "Channel Capacity and BER Performance Analysis of MIMO System with Linear Receiver in Nakagami Channel." International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies (IJWMT), vol. 3, no. 1, 2013.
- Nee, Richard van and Prasad, Ramjee, "OFDM for wirelessmultimedia communications", Artech House, 2000.
- Rabiei, Payam, Won Namgoong, and Naofal Al-Dhahir, "A non-iterative technique for phase noise ICI mitigation in packet-based OFDM systems", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 5945-5950, 2010.
- K. Zheng, L. Huang, W. Wang, and G. Yang, “TD-CDM-OFDM: Evolution of TD-SCDMA toward 4G,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 45–52, 2005.
- H. Sampath, S. Talwar, J. Tellado, V. Erceg, and A. Paulraj, “A fourth-generation MIMO-OFDM broadband wireless system: design, performance, and ?eld trial results,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 143–149, 2002.
- Kildal, P-S., et al., "Threshold receiver model for throughput of wireless devices with MIMO and frequency diversity measured in reverberation chamber," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 10, pp. 1201-1204, 2011.
- Xiong, Cong, et al., "Energy-and spectral-efficiency tradeoff in downlink OFDMA networks", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 10, no.11, pp. 3874-3886, 2011.
- Chae, Chan-Byoung, et al., "Adaptive MIMO transmission techniques for broadband wireless communication systems [Topics in Wireless Communications]", IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 112-118, 2010.
- Shen, Godwin, et al., "Edge-adaptive transforms for efficient depth map coding", IEEE Picture Coding Symposium (PCS), 2010.
- Lei Zhang, Patrick S′enac, Roksana Boreli and Michel Diaz, "Optimization of WiMax modulation scheme with a cross layer erasure code", 2008.
- Cortes-Pena, Luis Miguel. "MIMO Space-Time Block Coding (STBC): Simulations and Results." Design Project: Personal And Mobile Communications, Georgia Tech (ECE6604), 2009.
- V. Tarokh, H. Jafarkhani, and A. Calderbank, “Space-time block coding for wireless communications: performance results,” IEEE Journal on selected areas in communications, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 451–460, 1999.
- V. Tarokh, H. Jafarkhani, and A. Calderbank, “Space-time block codes from orthogonal designs,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1456–1467, 1999.