Effect on System Performance due to Upgradation of 2G/3G System to LTE
Автор: Jolly Parikh, Anuradha Basu
Статья в выпуске: 1 Vol.6, 2016 года.
In the current environment of burgeoning demand for mobile broadband, Long Term Evolution (LTE) is the most preferred wireless technology for the mobile operators. Considering the legacy multi-technology networks, operators need to strategically work upon maximizing their revenue while minimizing their cost and satisfying the subscriber's requirements as well. Operators have a choice between 2 network strategies- LTE overlay and single radio access network (SRAN). A survey carried out proved SRAN to be the optimum LTE deployment strategy considering the total cost of ownership (TCO). This paper discusses the effect on the system performance due to the up gradation of network from second generation (2G) to third generation (3G) to long term evolution (LTE) systems using Nokia Siemens Network Flexi multi-radio base stations. Measurements of RSRP (Reference Signal Received Power), SINR (Signal to Interference plus Noise Ratio) and throughput were carried out by a drive test within 2Km of the deployed site area which indicated that all the 3 parameters were affected as the user equipment moved away from the site area and towards the cell edges. This problem can be addressed by deployment of low power relay nodes, one of the promising techniques, for increasing the coverage of LTE advanced networks (the future of LTE systems).
Drive test, Received Signal Received Power, Signal to Noise Ratio, throughput, Long Term Evolution system
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15012922
Список литературы Effect on System Performance due to Upgradation of 2G/3G System to LTE
- 3GPP ETSI TR 125.913 V8.0.0 Release 8. Requirements for Evolved UTRA (E-UTRA) and Evolved UTRAN (E-UTRAN), 2009.
- "4G Impacts to Mobile Backhaul", by Fujitsu Network Communications Inc.
- Prabhat Man Sainju, "LTE Performance Analysis on 800 And 1800 MHz Bands", Master of Science Thesis, May 2012.
- Jairo Diaz Ostos, "To build converging wireless networks (GSM, CDMA, W-CDMA and LTE)", Alcatel Lucent, Jan 02, 2013.
- Nokia Siemens Networks, "LTE 1800 MHz: Introducing LTE with maximum reuse of GSM assets", a white paper, 2011.
- 3GPP ETSI TS 125 215 V10.0.0 Release 10, "Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS): Physical layer Measurements (FDD)", Sections 5.1.1, 5.1.17 & 5.1.19, April 2011.
- Mohammad S. Sharawi, "RF Planning and Optimization for LTE Networks", chapter 11 of "Evolved Network planning and optimization of UMTS and LTE", an auerbach, published by CRC press, 2011.
- 3GPP TR 36.942, V8.0.0, "EUTRA radio frequency system scenarios". September 2008.
- Salo, J., Nur-Alam, M. & Chang, K, "Practical Introduction to LTE Radio Planning", a white paper on basics of radio planning for 3GPP LTE in interference limited and coverage limited scenarios, European Communications Engineering (ECE) Ltd, Espoo, Finland, 2010.
- Castellanos, C.U., Villa, D.L., Rosa, C., Pedersen, K.I., Calabrese, F.D., Michaelsen, P.H. and Michel, J., "Performance of Uplink Fractional Power Control in UTRAN LTE", IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Spring 2008.
- Fujitsu, "Enhancing LTE Cell-Edge Performance via PDCCH ICIC", a white paper on challenges of optimizing cell-edge SINR and various strategies to enhance the cell-edge performance of PDCCH using the existing LTE standard.
- 3GPP TS 36.101, V8.3.0, "E-UTRA User Equipment Radio Transmission and Reception", September 2008.
- M. Hata, "Empirical formula for propagation loss in land mobile radio services," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 29, no. 3, Sep. 1980.
- European Cooperation in the Field of Scientific and Technical Research EURO-COST231, "Urban Transmission LOSS Models for Mobile Radio in the 900 and 1800 MHz Bands", Revision 2, The Hague, September 1991.
- Ananias Pereira Neto, Edilberto O. Rozal, Evaldo G. Pelaes. "Bidimensional Statistics Analysis of the Bertoni - Walfisch Propagation Model for Mobile Radio Design in Urban Areas" International Microwave and Optoelectronics Conference (IMOC 2003), vol.2, 2003.
- S.Sakagami, K,Kuboi, "Mobile Propagation Loss Prediction for Arbitrary Urban Environment", IEICE Trans.Commun.,Vol.J74-B-Ⅱ,No.1,pp.17-25,Jan.1991.
- "COST 231, Digital mobile radio towards future generation systems", Final Report, COST Telecom Secretariat, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium, 1999.
- Yihuai Yanga, Dongya Shenb, Yonggang Xiec, Xiangde Lid, "Matlab Simulink of COST231-WI Model", I.J. Wireless and Microwave Technologies, volume 2, no. 3, MECS, 3, 1-8,DOI: 10.5815//ijwmt.2012.03.01, 2012.
- Shivani Gupta, Pragya Awasthib, "Effect of Noise on the Average Received SNR of Different Combining Schemes", I.J. Wireless and Microwave Technologies, volume 4, No. 1, MECS, 1, 50-59, DOI: 10.5815/ijwmt.2014.01.04, 2014.
- ETSI TS 136 101 V10.5.0 Release 10, "LTE Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA): User Equipment (UE), Radio Transmission and reception", January 2012.