Effects of pre-sowing seed treatment with potassium chloride on yield and quality of two peanut cultivars L14 and L23 grown in Vietnam
Автор: Trong Le V., Thinh Bui Bao
Журнал: Вестник Воронежского государственного университета инженерных технологий @vestnik-vsuet
Рубрика: Пищевая биотехнология
Статья в выпуске: 2 (84), 2020 года.
In this study, we conducted an experiment to evaluate the effect of pre-sowing seed treatment with 0.05% KCl to the yield and quality of two peanut cultivars L14 and L23 grown in Bac Ninh province, Vietnam. After careful selection, the seeds of L14 and L23 were divided into two parts. Part 1 (control) was treated with distilled water and Part 2 (experiment) was treated with 0.05% KCl. The field experiment was arranged in a Split-plot design with four replications. The results show that pre-sowing seed treatment with 0.05% KCl increased the yield components (weight of 100 pods, weight of 100 seeds, mass ratio of unshelled peanuts, number of pods per plant) and yield of both L14 and L23 when compared to the control, in which the yield of L14 is higher than that of L23. Pre-sowing seed treatment with 0.05% KCl also increased the quality of peanuts such as starch content, reducing sugar, lipid, saponification value, protein, B vitamins, total amino acids and content of some mineral elements in peanuts such as N, K, Ca, Mg. The results of this study demonstrate the importance of pre-sowing seed treatment for peanuts.
Arachis hypogaea, kcl, peanut, potassium chloride, seed treatment, yield, quality
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/140250997
IDR: 140250997 | DOI: 10.20914/2310-1202-2020-2-49-54
Список литературы Effects of pre-sowing seed treatment with potassium chloride on yield and quality of two peanut cultivars L14 and L23 grown in Vietnam
- Akhtar S., Khalid N., Ahmed I., Shahzad A., Suleria H.A.R. Physicochemical characteristics, functional properties, and nutritional benefits of peanut oil: a review. Critical Reviews in Food Science And nutrition. 2014. vol. 54. no. 12. pp. 1562-1575. DOI: 10.1080/10408398.2011.644353
- Arya S.S., Salve A.R., Chauhan S. Peanuts as functional food: a review. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 2016. vol. 53. no. 1. pp. 31-41. DOI: 10.1007/s13197-015-2007-9
- Settaluri V.S., Kandala C.V.K., Puppala N., Sundaram J. Peanuts and their nutritional aspects - a review. Food and Nutrition Sciences. 2012. vol. 3. no. 12. pp. 1644-1650. DOI: 10.4236/fns.2012.312215
- Alper C.M., Mattes R.D. Peanut consumption improves indices of cardiovascular disease risk in healthy adults. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2003. vol. 22. no. 2. pp. 133-141. DOI: 10.1080/07315724.2003.10719286
- Toklu F. Effects of different priming treatments on seed germination properties, yield components and grain yield of lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.). Notulae Botanicae Horti Agrobotanici Cluj-Napoca. 2015. vol. 43. no. 1. pp. 153-158. DOI: 10.15835/nbha4319832
- Naz F., Gul H., Hamayun M., Sayyed A. et al. Effect of NaCl stress on Pisum sativum germination and seedling growth with the influence of seed priming with potassium (KCL and KOH). American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. 2014. vol. 14. no. 11. pp. 1304-1311.
- DOI: 10.5829/idosi.aejaes.2014.14.11.748
- Azab E. Seed Pre-soaking on Gibberellic Acid (GA3) Enhance Growth, Histological and Physiological Traits of Sugar Beet (Beta vulgaris L) under Water Stress. Egyptian Journal of Agronomy. 2018. vol. 40. no. 2. pp. 119-132.
- DOI: 10.21608/AGRO.2018.2944.1095
- Mui N.V. Practice in biochemistry. Technology and Science Publishing House, Ha Noi, 2001. 172 p. (in Vietnamese).
- Lowry O.H., Rosebrough N.J., Farr A.L., Randall R.J. Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 1951. vol. 193. pp. 265-275.
- Birnin-Yauri U.A., Garba S. Comparative Studies on some physicochemical properties of baobab, vegetable, peanut and palm oils. Nigerian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2011. vol. 19. no. 1. pp. 64-67.
- DOI: 10.4314/njbas.v19i1.69345
- Chau P.T.T., Hien N.T., Tuong P.G. Biochemistry practice. Educational Publishing House, 1998. 132 p. (in Vietnamese).
- Huyen T.T.T., Mui N.V, Bang C.P. Amino Acid Composition and Nutritional Value of Seed Proteins in Sesame (Sesamum Indicum L.) Cultivars Grown in Vietnam. International Journal of Agricultural Technology. 2016. vol. 12. no. 5. pp. 939-946.
- Ekpete O.A., Edori O.S., Fubara E.P. Proximate and mineral composition of some Nigerian fruits. Current Journal of Applied Science and Technology. 2013. vol. 3. no. 4. pp. 1447-1454.
- DOI: 10.9734/BJAST/2014/4431
- Gashti A.H., Vishekaei M.N.S., Hosseinzadeh M.H. Effect of potassium and calcium application on yield, yield components and qualitative characteristics of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) in Guilan Province, Iran. World Applied Sciences Journal. 2012. vol. 16. no. 4. pp. 540-546.
- Basu M., Bhadoria P.B.S., Mahapatra S.C. Growth, nitrogen fixation, yield and kernel quality of peanut in response to lime, organic and inorganic fertilizer levels. Bioresource Technology. 2008. vol. 99. no. 11. pp. 4675-4683.
- DOI: 10.1016/j.biortech.2007.09.078
- Irmak S. Effects of selenium application on plant growth and some quality parameters in peanut (Arachis hypogaea). Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences. 2017. vol. 20. no. 2. pp. 92-99.
- DOI: 10.3923/pjbs.2017.92.99
- Mora-Escobedo R., Hern?ndez-Luna P., Joaqu?n-Torres I.C., Ortiz-Moreno A. et al. Physicochemical properties and fatty acid profile of eight peanut varieties grown in Mexico. CyTA-Journal of Food. 2015. vol. 13. no. 2. pp. 300-304.
- DOI: 10.1080/19476337.2014.971345
- Casini C., Dardanelli J.L., Mart?nez M.J., Balzarini M., Borgogno C.S., Nassetta M. Oil quality and sugar content of peanuts (Arachis hypogaea) grown in Argentina: Their relationship with climatic variables and seed yield. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2003. vol. 51. no. 21. pp. 6309-6313.
- DOI: 10.1021/jf030183j