Efficiency of carbon nanostructures in the composition of wood-polymer composites based on polyvinyl chloride
Автор: Abdrakhmanova L.A., Galeev R.R., Khantimirov A.G., Khozin V.G.
Рубрика: Development of new polymer materials
Статья в выпуске: 3 Vol.13, 2021 года.
Introduction. The most effective binding agents in wood-polymer composites based on polyvinyl chloride are carboncontaining nanostructures, which improve the electrical, physical-mechanical, rheological properties, as well as the structure and durability of the composites. Their main disadvantage is a high degree of particle aggregation, which makes it difficult to mix and process them in polymer compositions. In this regard, an urgent task is to search for such carbon nanomodifiers that would have a low degree of aggregation and low cost. Methods and materials. The paper studies the effectiveness of mechanically activated petroleum cokes as binding agents in building wood-polymer composites based on polyvinyl chloride. Mechanical activation leads to the functionalization of carbon particles of coke with the formation of oxygen-containing groups on the surface. The effect of various amounts of coke (up to 10% of the mass of wood flour) is considered and the relationship between the nature of coke and their concentration in the polymer compositions with the main technological (melt flow) and operational (tensile and bending strength, high elasticity modulus, hardness, water absorption and thermal stability) indicators and supramolecular structure of woodpolymer composites has been identified. Results and discussion. With the introduction of cokes, a high degree of orientation of the supramolecular structures of the composites in the direction of extrusion of the samples is observed, which leads to an increase in the breaking strength and bending strength, as well as the high elasticity modulus. The optimal concentration of additives was determined from 0.1 to 5%. In relation to wood flour, the amount of which in the wood-polymer composition is 50 mass parts per 100 mass parts PVC. Conclusion. The introduction of mechanically activated petroleum cokes as binding agents in wood-polymer composites based on polyvinyl chloride has been carried out. Mechanical activation made it possible to reduce the aggregation of coke particles into larger agglomerates, which makes it possible to efficiently introduce the nanomodifier in dry form and to exclude the introduction of nanomodifier in the form of aqueous dispersions, which is a rather energy-intensive production operation.
Polyvinyl chloride, wood-polymer composite, binding agent, carbon nanostructures
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/142226901
IDR: 142226901 | DOI: 10.15828/2075-8545-2021-13-3-150-157
Список литературы Efficiency of carbon nanostructures in the composition of wood-polymer composites based on polyvinyl chloride
- Klesov A.A. Wood-polymer composites. Saint-Petersburg: Scientific bases and technologies; 2010.
- Matseevich T.A., Askadsky A.A. Mechanical properties of decking based on polyethylene, polypropylene and polyvinyl chloride. Construction: Science and Education. 2017; 7: 3(24): 48–59. Available from: doi: 10.22227/2305-5502.2017.3.4.
- Musin I.N., Faizullin I.Z., Novokshonov V.V., Wolfson S.I. Influence of polymer binder on the properties of wood-polymer composites. Bulletin of Kazan Technological University. 2014; 17(14): 306–309.
- Engel R.G., Ablyasova A.G., Galimova N.Y., Kuryntsev S.V., Nizamov R.K. Composite Materials based on poly(vinyl chloride). Journal of International Scientific Publications: Materials, Methods & Technologies. 2011; 5(3): 27.
- Nizamov R.K. Polyfunctional fillers for polyvinyl chloride compositions for construction purposes. Building materials. 2006; 7: 68–70.
- Silvano L.T., Vittorazzo Jr. A.L., Araujo R.G. Effect of preparation method on the electrical and mechanical properties of PVC Carbon nanotubes nanocomposites. Materials Research. 2018; 21(5): 1–6. Available from: doi: 10.1590/1980-5373-MR-2017-1148.
- Shieh Y.-T., Hsieh K.-C., Cheng C.-C. Carbon nanotubes stabilize polyvinyl chloride against thermal degradation. Polymer Degradation and Stability. 2017; 144: 221–230. Available from: doi: 10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2017.08.017.
- Aigubova A.Ch., Kozlov G.V., Magomedov G.M., Zaikov G.E. Structural analysis of water absorption for nanocomposites polyvinyl chloride/carbon nanotubes. Vestn. Volgogr. State University. 2015; 4(19): 40–46. Available from: doi: 10.15688/jvolsu10.2015.4.6.
- Pachina A.N., Kassin A.S., Tikhonov N.N., Komissarov D.M. Methods for increasing the atmospheric resistance of polyvinyl chloride. Advances in chemistry and chemical technology. 2017; 31(11): 93–95.
- Zaporotskova IV, Krutoyarov AA, Polikarpova NP Theoretical studies of polymer nanocomposites based on polyethylene, polypropylene and polyvinyl chloride, reinforced with carbon nanotubes. Perspective materials. 2015; 3: 5–11.
- Ashrapov A.Kh., Abdrakhmanova L.A., Nizamov R.K., Khozin V.G. Investigation of polyvinyl chloride compositions with carbon nanotubes. Nanotechnologies in Construction: A Scientific Internet-Journal. 2011; 3(3): 13–24. Available from: http://nanobuild.ru/ magazine / nb / Nanobuild_3_2011.pdf [Accessed 14th April 2021].
- Khozin V.G., Nizamov R.K. Polymer nanocomposites for construction purposes. Building materials. 2009; 8: 32–34.
- Baccaro S., Cataldo F., Cecilia A., Cemmi A., Padella F., Santini A. Interaction between reinforce carbon black and polymeric matrix for industrial applications. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research. 2003; 208: 191–194. Available from: doi: 10.1016/S0168-583X(03)00638-4.
- Hatthapanit K., Sae-Oui P., Sombatsompop N., Sirisinha C. Enhancement of Rubber–Carbon Black Interaction by Amine-Based Modifiers and their Effect on Viscoelastic and Mechanical Properties. Journal of Applied Polymer Science. 2012; 1–7. Available from: doi: 10.1002/app.36969.
- Mazlina M.K. Influence of Fillers Surface Characteristics on Bound Rubber Properties of Filled Natural Rubber Compounds. Advanced Materials Research. 2014; 412–416. Available from: doi: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.845.412.
- Borukaev T.A., Gaev D.S. Physical and mechanical properties of composites based on high density polyethylene and carbon black. Applied Physics. 2017; 5: 76–81.
- Saatchi M.M, Shojaei A. Effect of carbon-based nanoparticles on the cure characteristics and network structure of styrene-butadiene rubber vulcanizate. Polym. Int. 2012; 4: 83–93.
- Igumenova T.I., Kleimenova N.L., Akatov E.S., Popov G.V. Application of fullerene-containing carbon black for modification of polyethylene properties. Vestnik TSTU. 2011; 17(4): 1071–1076.
- Svistkov A.L., Solodko V.N., Kondyurin A.V., Eliseeva A.Yu. Hypothesis on the role of free radicals on the surface of carbon black nanoparticles in the formation of mechanical properties of filled rubber. Physical Mesomechanics. 2016; 19(5): 84–93.
- Amirov R.R., Neklyudov S.A., Amirova L.M. A method of obtaining compositions based on carbon nanotubes and polyolefins. Russian Federation Patent 2490204. 12-19-2011.
- Bogdanova S.A., Gataullin A.R., Galyametdinov Yu.G. Dispersions of carbon nanotubes as modifying additives for polymer composite materials. Actual problems of science on polymers. 2018: 82.
- Gusev K.V., Soloviev V.G. Influence of carbon nanotubes on the mechanical properties of polymer composites. Bulletin of the Pskov State University. Series: Natural and physical and mathematical sciences. 2017; 11: 150–153.
- Ferreire T., Paiva M.C., Pontes A.J. despersion of carbon nanotubes in polyamide 6 for microinjection moulding. Journal of Polymer Research. 2013; 20: 301-310. Available from: doi: 10.1007/s10965-013-0301-7.
- Paiva M., Simon F., Novais R. et al. Controlled functionalization of a solvent-free multicomponent approach. ACSNano. 2010; 4(12): 7379–7386. Available from: doi: 10.1021/nn1022523.
- Nasir M., Mohammad I., Asad H. et al. Polyamide-6-based composites rein-forced with pristine or functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes produced using melt extrusion technique. Journal of Composite Materials. 2014; 48(10): 1197–1207. Available from: doi: 10.1177/0021998313484779.
- Dyachkova T.P., Tarov D.V., Kobzev D.E. Investigation of the properties of polyethylene composites based on functionalized carbon nanotubes. Nauchno-tekhnicheskie vedomosti SPbPU. Natural and engineering sciences. 2019; 25(1): 163–173. Available from: doi: 10.18721/JEST.25116.