Evaluation of Water Purification Plant at Kosti City - Sudan
Автор: Nahla Hussien, Abdel Moneim Babikr, Mortada Elhesain, Yasir Mohamed
Журнал: Вестник Воронежского государственного университета инженерных технологий @vestnik-vsuet
Рубрика: Пищевая биотехнология
Статья в выпуске: 3 (89), 2021 года.
The objective of this study is to evaluate the purification level of water plant in Kosti city to supply water with high quality. This study was done to investigate the drinking water quality of Kosti city. Five sites of water network were selected, during March 2017 - May 2017. Thirty (30) samples of water from different areas of Kosti city were collected to evaluate water purification by using some laboratory tests for physical, chemical properties and microbiological. The results obtained showed that the turbidity level ranged between (4.2 – 150 NTU) thus exceeding the permissible level of WHO 1993 standards (5 NTU).The PH value was ranged between (6.3 – 8.2) and level of TDS (111 - 157 mg/L) ,hardness (43 - 89 mg/L) , residual chlorine (0.1 - 0.4 mg/L) , EC (116 - 234 μs/cm) . All these values fall below the values of national and international standards of (WHO, 1993) and Sudanese Organization for Standardization and Metrology 2008. The level of COD (86 – 584.4 mg/L), BOD (16 -144mg/L). Biological tests were conducted to determine the presence of fecal coliform the results showed that the samples of water limits according to the specifications of the Sudanese Organization for Standardization and Metrology(SOSM, 2008) and the World Health Organization (WHO, 1993) by 100%.
Water, Physical properties, Chemical properties, microbiological, Evaluation, Purification Plant, water
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/140259871
IDR: 140259871 | DOI: 10.20914/2310-1202-2021-3-121-128
Список литературы Evaluation of Water Purification Plant at Kosti City - Sudan
- Niu J., Kasuga I., Kurisu F., Furumai H. et al. Evaluation of autotrophic growth of ammonia-oxidizers associated with granular activated carbon used for drinking water purification by DNA-stable isotope probing. Water research. 2013. vol. 47. no. 19. pp. 7053-7065. doi: 10.1016/j.watres.2013.07.056
- Khan A.A., Ahmad S.K. Performance evaluation of water treatment plant at nangloi. New Delhi: a case study ijret: International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology. 2018.
- Al-Jlil S.A., Alromaih H., Alshabonah F., Alsoubaei F. et al. Evaluation of Performance of Wastewater Treatment Plant at KACST, Riyadh Saudi Arabia. Research Journal of Environmental Sciences. 2014. vol. 8. no. 2. pp. 117-122.
- Shittu B.O., Olaitan O.J., Amusa S.T. Physico-Chemical and Bacteriological Analyses of Water Used for Drinking and Swimming Purposes in Abeokuta, Nigeria. African Journal of Biomedical Research. 2008. vol. 11.
- Mamta B., Singh B. S., Monica J. Operation and maintenance of water treatment plant at BNP Campus Dewas, In-dia: A case study. ISCA Journal of Biological Sciences. 2012. vol. 1. no. 1. pp. 83-86.
- Ell-Amin A.M., Sulieman A.M.E., El-Khalifa E.A. Quality characteristics of drinking water in Khartoum state and Wad-Medani District, Sudan. 14th international water technology conference, IWTC. 2010. vol. 14. no. 2010. pp. 863-876.
- Verma N., Singh A.K. Development of biological oxygen demand biosensor for monitoring the fermentation indus-try effluent. International Scholarly Research Notices. 2013. vol. 2013. doi: 10.5402/2013/236062
- Mohammed A.A., Shakir A.A. Evaluation the performance of Al-wahdaa project drinking water treatment plant: A case study in Iraq. International Journal of Advances in Applied Sciences. 2012. vol. 1. no. 3. pp. 130-138.
- Reda A.H. Physico-chemical analysis of drinking water quality of Arbaminch Town. J Environ Anal Toxicol. 2016. vol. 6. no. 2. pp. 1-5.
- Sharma P., Gupta S. Study of amount of Oxygen (BOD, OD, COD) in water and their effect on fishes. American International Journal of Research in Formal, Applied and Natural Sciences. 2014. vol. 7. no. 1. pp. 53-58.
- Somani S., Ingole N., Patil S. Performance evaluation of natural herbs for antibacterial activity in water purifica-tion. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 2011. vol. 3. no. 9. pp. 7170-7174.
- SSMO, (2008) Sudanese Standards and Metrology Organization.
- Kpan W.B., Koné M.W., Bonfoh B., Kamanzi K. Evaluation of eighteen west african plants for water purification, potential use for rural water treatment. Journal of Water Chemistry and Technology. 2017. vol. 39. no. 5. pp. 310-316. doi: 10.3103/S1063455X17050101
- Tsadik T.G Performance Evaluation of Drinking Water Gambella Town Drinking Water Treatment Plant. School of Graduate Studies of Addis Ababa University fulfillment of the Degree of Chemical Engineering M.S.c. Science in Environ-mental Engineering. 2013.
- Wei J., Ye B., Wang W., Yang L. et al. Spatial and temporal evaluations of disinfection by-products in drinking wa-ter distribution systems in Beijing, China. Science of the Total Environment. 2010. vol. 408. no. 20. pp. 4600-4606. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2010.06.053
- WHO. Water Sanitation and Health Programmed. Managing water in The home: accelerated health gains from im-proved water sources. World Health Organization. 2004. Available at: www.who.int
- WHO. UNICEF. WHO / UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme (JMP) for Water Supply and Sanitation. Retrieved December 11, 2013. Available at: http://www.wssinfo.org/definitions methods/introduction/
- Jordanowska J., Jakubus M. Evaluation of effectiveness technological process of water purification exemplified on mod-ernized water treatment plant at Otoczna. Civil and Environmental Engineering Reports. 2014. doi: 10.2478/ceer-2014-0014
- Verma S.K., Singhal P., Chauhan D.S. A synergistic evaluation on application of solar-thermal energy in water pu-rification: Current scenario and future prospects. Energy conversion and Management. 2019. vol. 180. pp. 372-390. doi: 10.1016/j.enconman.2018.10.090
- Elasaad H., Bilton A., Kelley L., Duayhe O. et al. Field evaluation of a community scale solar powered water puri-fication technology: A case study of a remote Mexican community application. Desalination. 2015. vol. 375. pp. 71-80. doi: 10.1016/j.desal.2015.08.001