Implementation of a Locator-Based Route Switching Scheme for Improved Routing in Proxy Mobile IPv6
Автор: M. Okwori, E. N. Onwuka, A. M. Aibinu, O. C. Ugweje
Статья в выпуске: 4 Vol.4, 2014 года.
Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) is a promising IP mobility protocols that is being deployed in emerging wireless technologies. This however has a non-optimal packet route as a result of the triangular routing problem. This creates a bottle neck at the Local Mobility Anchor (LMA) thereby increasing packet delays. This paper presents the implementation of a locator-based route switching scheme on OPNET Modeler. The Mobility Access Gateway (MAG) and the LMA were enhanced by making them intelligent. This enables them to be able to check the position of the Corresponding Node (CN) with respect to the Mobile Node (MN) and also determine the available bandwidth on each link. From the checks made, a three-stage decision process is used to switch routing to the most optimal route that guarantees the best QoS. Node Models were developed for the MAG and LMA, network models were deployed and simulation tests were carried out. The results show that the developed scheme switched packets to a more optimal route according to the designed algorithm. The impact of this switching on differences between transmitted throughput at MN and the received throughput at CN was also evaluated. The receiver activity result shows a reduction in the bottleneck at the LMA-MAG link. The end-to-end delay results show over 50 milliseconds drop in packet delay as a result of the switching to a more optimal route. This shows that the packet delays result from the congestion at the LMA-MAG interface due to suboptimal routing.
PMIPv6, OPNET Modeling, MAG Model, LMA Model, Route Switching
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15012873
Список литературы Implementation of a Locator-Based Route Switching Scheme for Improved Routing in Proxy Mobile IPv6
- Islam, R. U., Mischa, S., and Hans-Joerg, K., “Nomadic mobility between smart homes”, pp. 1062 – 1067, 2012. Anaheim, CA, USA.
- Yana, B., Mei, S., and Junde, S., “Seamless Mobility Using Mobile IPv6”, pp. 1 – 8, 2005, Guangzhou.
- Ibrahim, A. S., Mohamed, O., and Borhanuddin, M. A., “Mobility Management for IP-based Next Generation Mobile Networks: Review, Challenge and Perspective”, Elsivier Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 35, pp. 295-315, 2012.
- Z. Zhenkai, W. Ryuji and Z. Lixia, “A Survey of Mobility Support in the Internet, RFC 6301,” 2011. http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6301/.
- Myung-Kyu, Y., Sung-Yeol, Y., Seok-Cheon, P., and Young-Kyu, Y., “Adaptive Mobility Management Scheme for Proxy Mobile IPv6 Networks with IP Paging Support”, 7th International Conference on Signal Image Technology and Internet-Based Systems, 1, pp. 9 – 15, 2011, Dijon.
- Gundavelli, S., Leung, K., Devarapalli, V., Chowdhury, K., & Patil, B., Proxy Mobile IPv6, RFC 5213. Retrieved from datatracker.ietf.org: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5213/, 2008.
- Sanjin, J., Myung-Ki, S., and Hyoung-Jun, K., “Implementation of Route Optimization Mechanism Supporting IPv4/IPv6 Transversal in Proxy Mobile IPv6”, 11th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, 2, pp. 1242 – 1244, 2009, Phoenix Park.
- Sanjin, J., & Myung-Ki, S., “Route Optimization Scheme for Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6)”, 10th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, 2, pp. 1097 – 1100, 2008, Gangwon-Do.
- Farhana F. L. and Wenbing Y., “Implementation Architecture of Proxy Mobile IPv6 Protocol for NS2 Simulator software”, International Conference on Communication Software and Networks, pp. 287-291, 2009, Macau.
- Hyon-Young C., Sung-Gi M., Youn-Hee H., Jungsoo P. and Hyoungjun K. “Implementation and Evaluation of Proxy Mobile IPv6 in NS-3 Network Simulator”, 5th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Technologies and Applications, pp. 1 – 6, 2010, Sanya.
- Byung-Jin, H., Jae-Min, L., Jong-Hyouk, L., & Tai-Myoung, C., “PMIPv6 Route Optimization Mechanism using the Routing Table of MAG”, 3rd International Conference on Systems and Networks Communications, 1, pp. 274 – 279, 2008, Sliema.
- Tsunehiko, C., Hidetoshi, Y., Ashutosh, D., Dana, C., & Henning, S., “Route Optimization for Proxy Mobile IPv6 in IMS Network Network”, 2nd International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems, 1, pp. 1 – 9, 2008, Gold Coast, QLD.
- Jungwook, S., Heemin, K., & Sunyoung, H., “Route Optimization in PMIPv6 Environment”, 9th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, 2, pp. 341 – 346, 2009, Xiamen.
- Young-Hyun, C., & Tai-Myoung, C., “Enhanced Light Weight Route Optimization in Proxy Mobile IPv6”, 5th International Conference Joint Conference on INC, IMS and IDC, 1, pp. 501 – 504, 2009, Seoul.
- Jin, S. C., Boo, G. J., & Tae-il, K., “LMA Initiated Route Optimization Protocol for Improving PMIP Handover Performance”, Journal of IEEE Communications Letters, 13 (11), 871-873, 2009.
- Jianfeng, G., Ilsun, Y., Changqiao, X., Huachun, Z., & Hongke, Z., “Survey on Route Optimization Schemes for Proxy Mobile IPv6”, 6th International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 541 – 546, 2012, Palermo.