Integral quality indicators of waste concrete for reuse
Автор: Arkady M. Ayzenshtadt, Victor E. Danilov, Tatiana A. Drozdyuk, Maria A. Frolova, Georgiy A. Garamov
Статья в выпуске: 5 Vol.13, 2021 года.
Introduction. Waste concrete is one of the main heavy construction waste having good recycling prospects with regard to rational nature management related to reducing the consumption of natural resources. However, the widespread introduction of waste concrete is hindered on the one hand by the variety of compositions and structures of recycled scrap, and on the other hand by the lack of quantitative criteria to choose the most rational area of its use (a binder component, coarse and fine aggregate, finely dispersed filler, etc.). Materials and methods. Case studies of experimental powders obtained by mechanical grinding from the concrete scrap of internal wall panels and floor slabs (heavy concrete) and external wall panels (light concrete) of a five-storey residential panel house built in 1979 in the Obozersky village, Arkhangelsk region, demonstrated the possibility of choosing the optimal secondary use of waste concrete fractions featuring residual compressive strength. The indicators of residual strength, grindability and contraction of mineral powders were used as optimization criteria. Results and discussions. The applicability of the mathematical model for calculating the raw material grindability index is shown. A criterion for grinding equipment selection is proposed to obtain powders with an extended active surface. Conclusions. Powders obtained from the fraction of waste light concrete featuring low strength properties and grindability by mechanical grinding to a specific surface area comparable to that of Portland cement used and having a higher value of contraction can be rationally used as a composite binder component. Concrete scrap fractions featuring by higher grindability and strength properties are optimally suited for crushed aggregate preparation in the concrete composite production process.
Concrete scrap, recycled concrete, grindability criterion, composite binder, mineral powder contraction
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/142228305
IDR: 142228305 | DOI: 10.15828/2075-8545-2021-13-5-276-281
Список литературы Integral quality indicators of waste concrete for reuse
- 1. Fayzrakhmanov I.I., Khaliullin M.I., Leklu A.N., Amiri O. Use of finely dispersed screenings of concrete scrap in cement compositions to obtain mortars. News of the Kazan State University of Architecture and Engineering. 2016; 4 (38): 395–401.
- Larsen O.A., Narut V.V., Voronin V.V. Recycling technology of concrete scrap in order to obtain self-compacting concrete. Building and reconstruction. 2020; 2 (88): 61–66.
- Gusev B.V., Kudryavtseva V.D., Potapova V.A. Concretes with nano-additive from fired reclaimed concrete. Nanotechnologies in Construction. 2020; 12 (5): 245–249. DOI: 10.15828/2075-8545-2020-12-5-245-249.
- Krasinikova N.M., Khozin V.G. Recycling of concrete scrap as raw materials for cement concrete. Construction Materials. 2020; 1(2): 56–65. DOI: 10.31659/0585-430X-2020-778-1-2-56-65.
- Gusev B.V., Krivoborodov Yu.R., Potapova V.A. Possibility of secondary use of concrete breaker. Tekhnika i tekhnologiya silikatov. 2020; 27(1): 28–31.
- Ayzenshtadt A.M., Drozdyuk T.A., Danilov V.E., Frolova M.A., Garamov G.A. Surface activity of concrete waste powders. Nanotechnologies in Construction. 2021; 13(2): 108–116. Available from: doi: 10.15828/2075-8545-2021-13-2-108-116.
- Lesovik R.V., Ahmed A.A.A., Al Mamouri S.K.S., Gunchenko T.S. Composite binders based on concretes crap. Bulletin of BSTU named after V.G.Shukhov. 2020; 7: 8–18. DOI: 10.34031/2071-7318-2020-5-7-8-18.
- Lesovik R.V., Akhmed A.A.A., Alaskhanov A.Kh. Binder from the dusty fraction of fragments of destroyed buildings and structures in Iraq. Regional Architecture and Engineering. 2020; 1(42): 69–76.
- Adamtsevich A.O., Pashkevich S.A., Pustovgar A.P. Using calorimetry to predict the strength growth of accelerated hardening cement systems. Magazine of Civil Engineering. 2013; 3: 36–42.
- Drozdyuk T.A., Ayzenshtadt A.M., Frolova M.A., Nosulya А. А. Assessment of the activity of a mineral binder based on saponite-containing material. The Construction Materials. 2016; 9: 76–79.
- Usherov-Marshak A.V. Calorimetry of cement and concrete. Kharkov: Fakt. 2002.
- Serdyukova A.A., Rakhimbaev I.Sh. Influence of water-cement ratio on the kinetics of heat release of cements. The Journal Cement and its Applications. 2012; 3: 123–124.
- Gazizov Kh.V. Influence of expanding additives on the contraction of oil well cements. Inzhenernaya praktika. 2012; 11: 72–75.
- Beley I.I. Methods for compensating for contraction during hardening of Portland cement mortars. Bulatovskiye chteniya (sbornik statey). 2018; 43–49.
- Krasinikova N.M., Khozin E.V., Khozin V.G., Morozova N.M. Research of grindability of dry mixes for foam concrete. Kazan Technological University Bulletin. 2015; 18(8): 187–190.
- Mishchenko Lidiya, Hatton Benjamin, Bahadur Vaibhav, Taylor J. Ashley, Krupenkin Tom, Aizenberg Joanna. Design of Ice-free Nanostructured Surfaces Based on Repulsion of Impacting Water Droplets. Nanoletters. 2010; 4 (12): 7699–7707.
- Danilov V.E., Ayzenstadt A.M. Comprehensive approach to the assessment of nanosized fractions of polydisperse systems of crushed rocks. Nanotechnologies in Construction. 2016; 8(3): 97–110. DOI: 10.15828/2075-8545-2016-8-3-97-110.
- Zlobin I.A., Mandrikova O.S., Borisov I.N. Influence of the method of mechanical action on the geometric shape and nature of the surface of cement particles. The Journal Cement and its Applications. 2015; 5: 56–60.
- He Huan, Stroeven Piet, Pirard Eric, Courard Luc. On the Shape Simulation of Aggregate and Cement Particles in a DEM System”. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. 2015; 2015: 692768. DOI: 10.1155/2015/692768.