Modelling Failure Conditions in Zigbee based Wireless Sensor Networks
Автор: Apoorva Singh, Itu Snigdh
Журнал: International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies(IJWMT) @ijwmt
Статья в выпуске: 2 Vol.7, 2017 года.
Reliable data transmissions in sensor networks are important for its longevity and require research attention. Since, fault tolerance and reliability become vital for embedded systems, estimating failure scenarios aid WSN applications to establish robust backup mechanisms in case of failures in the network. The article aims to model failure in IEEE 802.15.4 Zigbee networks in order to estimate the longevity of the network in context to the network connectivity. Ideally, IEEE 802.15.4 can manage two types of networks, the star topology or the peer-to-peer topology. On combining these two we get a mesh network. Hence, the article presents the failure conditions for both star and mesh based network topology to the point where the network is disconnected owing to varied failure conditions.
Wireless sensor networks, Fault trees, Reliability, Star, Mesh topology, Zigbee Network
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15012977
Список литературы Modelling Failure Conditions in Zigbee based Wireless Sensor Networks
- Lee, Myung J., Jianliang Zheng, Young-Bae Ko, and Deepesh Man Shrestha. "Emerging standards for wireless mesh technology." Wireless Communications, IEEE 13, no. 2 (2006): 56-63.
- Snigdh, Itu, and Nisha Gupta. "Enhancing Reliability in Backbone Assisted Wireless Sensor Networks." International Journal of Performability Engineering 11.5 (2015).
- Arfat, Yasir, and Riaz Ahmed Shaikh. "A Survey on Secure Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks." (2016).
- Hiertz, Guido R., Dee Denteneer, Philips LotharStibor, YunpengZang, Xavier Pérez Costa, and Bernhard Walke. "The IEEE 802.11 universe. "Communications Magazine, IEEE 48, no. 1 (2010): 62-70.
- Malhotra, Jyoteesh. "On the Selection of Physical Layer Optimized Network Topologies for the Zigbee Network." International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science (IJITCS) 8.1 (2016): 84.
- Kinney, Patrick. "Zigbee technology: Wireless control that simply works. "Communications design conference. Vol.2. 2003.
- Kusiak, Andrew. Engineering design: products, processes, and systems. Academic Press, Inc., 1999.
- Kermarrec, Anne-Marie, Laurent Massoulié, and Ayalvadi J. Ganesh. "Probabilistic reliable dissemination in large-scale systems." Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on 14.3 (2003): 248-258.
- Biradar, Rajashekhar, SunilkumarManvi, and Mylara Reddy. "Link stability based multicast routing scheme in MANET." Computer Networks 54.7 (2010): 1183-1196.
- Chen, Shyr-Kuen, Tsair Kao, Chia-Tai Chan, Chih-Ning Huang, Chih-Yen Chiang, Chin-Yu Lai, Tse-Hua Tung, and Pi-Chung Wang. "A reliable transmission protocol for ZigBee-based wireless patient monitoring. "Information Technology in Biomedicine, IEEE Transactions on 16, no. 1 (2012): 6-16.
- Kumar, Vijay, R. B. Patel, Manpreet Singh, and RohitVaid. "Markov Model for Reliable Packet Delivery in Wireless Sensor Networks." International Journal of Computer Science Issues 8, no. 3 (2011): 1694-0814.
- Park, Seung-Jong, RamanujaVedantham, RaghupathySivakumar, and Ian F. Akyildiz. "A scalable approach for reliable downstream data delivery in wireless sensor networks."In Proceedings of the 5th ACM international symposium on Mobile ad hoc networking and computing, pp. 78-89.ACM, 2004.
- Wang, Chaonan, Liudong Xing Vinod M. Vokkarane, and Yan Sun. "Reliability of wireless sensor networks with tree topology. " International Journal of Performability Engineering 8.2 (2012): 213.
- Chaturvedi, Sanjay K., and N. Padmavathy. "The Influence of Scenario Metrics on Network Reliability of Mobile Ad Hoc Network."International Journal of Performability Engineering 9.1 (2013).
- Peng, Rui, QingqingZhai, Liudong Xing, and Jun Yang. "Reliability of 1-out-of-(n+ 1) Warm Standby Systems Subject to Fault Level Coverage."International Journal of Performability Engineering 9, no.1 (2013).
- Shrestha, Akhilesh, Liudong Xing, Yan Sun, and Vinod M. Vokkarane. "Infrastructure Communication Reliability of Wireless Sensor Networks Considering Common-Cause Failures." International Journal of Performability Engineering 8, no. 2 (2012).
- Silva, Ivanovitch, Luiz AffonsoGuedes, Paulo Portugal, and Francisco Vasques. "Reliability and availability evaluation of wireless sensor networks for industrial applications." Sensors 12, no. 1 (2012): 806-838.
- Dâmaso, Antônio, Nelson Rosa, and Paulo Maciel. "Reliability of wireless sensor networks. "Sensors 14.9 (2014): 15760-15785.