E-learning: trends and stepping stones
Автор: Frolova Natalia H.
Журнал: Историческая и социально-образовательная мысль @hist-edu
Рубрика: Образование и педагогические науки
Статья в выпуске: 5-2 т.8, 2016 года.
Acceleration of exchange of educational information its constant updating requires incorporating innovative educational products based on informational communications in educational system. Students who are mostly digital natives use information communication technologies more frequent and willingly compared to teaching staff. Consequently it calls for urgent measures to be taken to satisfy contemporary students’ emerging needs. Integration of information communication technologies, enhancing students’ motivation, adding to personalized learning, into higher education is challenging but beneficial. It is particularly acute in the field of foreign language learning which requires language competence formation along with knowledge of grammar patterns, vocabulary specificity and reproductive skills in listening, reading, speaking and writing. The given article reflects the current trends of e-learning of foreign languages, providing insights of teaching and learning practice, providing theoretical literature review and empirical data gained by qualitative and quantitive research methods, by students’ opinion polls in NRU HSE Nizhniy Novgorod branch in particular. Both advantages and shortcomings are analyzed and the comparison of the traditional classroom education and innovative one is carried out. Recent trends in e-learning of foreign languages, use of various tools such as wiki sites, educational platforms, Massive Online Open Courses, Gamification, flipped classrooms and other inspiring techniques are considered.
Gamification, wiki sites, e-learning trends and requirements, personalized learning
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/14951399
IDR: 14951399 | DOI: 10.17748/2075-9908-2016-8-5/2-186-189
Список литературы E-learning: trends and stepping stones
- Burns, M. Distance education for teacher training: Modes, models and methods. 2011. Retrieved from http://go.edc.org/07xd Last access 5.05.2016
- Frolova N. H. E -learning means in educational practice. Canadian Journal of Science, Education and Culture, 2014, No.2. (6), (July -December). Volume Ill. "Toronto Press", 2014
- Kapp, K.M. The Gamification of Learning and Instruction: Game-based Methods and Strategies for Training and Education -May 2012, Pfeiffer
- Lyashenko, M., Frolova, N.LMS projects: A platform for intergenerational e-learning collaboration. Education and Information Technologies ISSN: 1360-2357 (Print) 1573-7608 (Online) Springer US June 2014 September 2014, Volume 19, Issue 3
- Martin, M; Bunting, A. What is personalization, really? Retrieved from http://www.edutopia.org/blog/what-is-personalization-really-mike-martin-adam-bunting Last access 1.06 2016
- Open University. Retrieved from https://openedu.ru/university/hse Last access 12.02.2016
- Straumsheim, C. MIT’s new model. Retrieved from Inside Higher Education https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/10/08/massachusetts-institute-technology-launch-half-mooc-half-person-masters-degree Last access 10.06.2016
- Universities word wide news Retrieved from http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20120920124146236) Last access 21.05 2016
- U.S Department of education site. Retrieved from http://www.ed.gov/oii-news/use-technology-teaching-and-learning Last access 20.05 2016
- Yan, Zh, Hao, H. The Psychology of E-Learning: A Field of Study. Journal of Educational Computing Research. October 2003