Efficient Adaptive Path Load Balanced Gateway Management Strategies for Integrating MANET and the Internet
Автор: Rafi U Zaman, S. Shehnaz Begum, Khaleel Ur Rahman Khan, A. Venugopal Reddy
Журнал: International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies(IJWMT) @ijwmt
Статья в выпуске: 2 Vol.7, 2017 года.
Mobile nodes in a mobile ad hoc network communicate with each other. In order to facilitate communication of mobile nodes with fixed nodes in the Internet, gateways are used. The resultant integrated heterogeneous architecture is called Integrated Internet MANET in the literature. Such heterogeneous architectures are needed in order to realize the potential of, and to achieve the stated objectives of proposed 5G networks of the future. Gateways in Integrated Internet-MANET may be fixed or mobile. Several issues arise in Integrated Internet-MANET. In this paper, three critical issues encountered in Integrated Internet-MANET are addressed together. These issues are, efficient gateway selection mechanism, adjusting the gateway advertisement range and dynamically adapting the periodicity of gateway advertisements. Three strategies are proposed which use a path load balancing mechanism for efficient gateway selection. These strategies address the issues of adjusting the gateway advertisement range and dynamically adapting the periodicity of gateway advertisements in different ways. The proposed strategies have been simulated in a two-tier as well as a hybrid architecture using network simulation tool ns-2. The simulation results are presented and the scenarios, under which each of the proposed strategies is useful, are discussed.
Mobile Ad Hoc Network, Integrated Internet MANET, Gateway Selection, Path Load Balancing, Hybrid Architecture
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15012980
Список литературы Efficient Adaptive Path Load Balanced Gateway Management Strategies for Integrating MANET and the Internet
- Shuo Ding, "A survey on integrating MANETs with the Internet: Challenges and designs". Computer Communications 31, Elsevier, 3537–3551 (2008)
- 5G PP vision brochure: https://5g-ppp.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/5G-Vision-Brochure-v1.pdf
- Ali Hamidian, Ulf Körner, Anders Nilsson: "Performance of Internet Access Solutions in Mobile Ad hoc Networks", Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 3427, 189-201, 2004.
- Zaman, Rafi U., Khaleel Ur Rahman Khan and A. Venugopal Reddy. "A Survey of Adaptive Gateway Discovery Mechanisms in Heterogeneous Networks." International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security (IJCNIS) 5.7 (2013): 34.
- A.J. Yuste, Alicia Trivino, F.D. Trujillo, E. Casilari: "Using Fuzzy Logic in Hybrid Multihop Wireless Networks". International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks Volume 2, Issue 3, 96-108, 2010.
- Rafi U Zaman, Khaleel ur Rahman Khan ,A.Venugopal Reddy, "Path Load Balanced-Fuzzy Logic Based Adaptive Gateway Discovery in Integrated Internet-MANET". Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing, 2012.
- Fang Xie, Lei Du, Yong Bai, Lan Chen, "Adaptive Gateway Discovery Scheme for Mobile Ubiquitous Networks", WCNC 2008, 2916-2020, 2008.
- Pedro M. Ruiz, Antonio F. Gomez-Skarmeta: "Maximal Source Coverage Adaptive Gateway Discovery for Hybrid Ad Hoc Networks", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol.3158, 28-41, 2004.
- Javaid, U., Rasheed, T.M., Meddour, D., Ahmed, T.: Adaptive Distributed Gateway Discovery in Hybrid Wireless Networks. WCNC – 2008, 2735-2740. (2008)
- Khan K. U. R., Reddy A. V., Zaman R. U., Kumar M. "An Effective Gateway Discovery Mechanism in an Integrated Internet-MANET (IIM)," Proc. of the International Conference on Advances in Computer Engineering, India, pp. 24-28, June 2010
- Rakesh Kumar, Manoj Misra and Anil K. Sarje "An Efficient Gateway Discovery in adhoc networks for Internet connectivity" Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, Sivakasi, pp. 275-282, 2007.
- Zaman, Rafi U., Khaleel Ur Rahman Khan, A. Venugopal Reddy. "Path Load Balanced Adaptive Gateway Discovery in Integrated Internet-MANET." Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT), 2014 Fourth International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- Pandey, Anshu, et al. "A fuzzy-timestamp based adaptive gateway discovery protocol in integrated Internet-MANET." Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2015 International Conference on. IEEE, 2015.
- Xu, H., Cai, X., Ju, L. and Jia, Z. "Gateway pheromone-based adaptive internet access scheme for mobile ad hoc networks", Int. J. Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, Vol. 19, Nos. 1/2, pp.50–61. 2015.
- Mari Carmen Domingo, Rui Prior; "An Adaptive Gateway Discovery Algorithm to support QoS When Providing Internet Access to Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", Journal of Networks, Vol 2, No 2 (2007), 33-44, 2007
- Bok-Nyong Park, Wonjun Lee, Choonwa Lee, "QoS-aware Internet access schemesfor wireless ad hoc networks", Computer Communications 30 (2007), 369-384, (2007).
- A.J. Yuste, F.D. Trujillo,Alicia Trivino, E. Casilari; "An adaptive gateway discovery for mobile ad hoc networks", 5th ACM International workshop on mobility management and wireless access, 159-162, 2007.
- Khaleel Ur Rahman Khan, Rafi U Zaman and A. Venugopal Reddy, "An Analytical Framework for the Assessment of Mobile IP Overhead involved in the Integrated Internet-MANET", International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM), Vol 4, No 1 (2010) doi:10.3991/ijim.v4i1.1027, pages 22-33, 2010.
- Ns 2 Home page : http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ index.html
- Khan, Khaleel Ur Rahman, Rafi U. Zaman, A. Venugopal Reddy, and Mohammed Asrar Ahmed. "Effective Layer-3 Protocols for Integrating Mobile Ad Hoc Network and the Internet." In Distributed Computing and Networking, pp. 377-388. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2009.
- Goswami, Sudhir, Chetan Agrawal, and Anurag Jain. "Location based Energy Efficient Scheme for Maximizing Routing Capability of AODV Protocol in MANET." International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies (IJWMT) 5.3 (2015): 33.