Selecting the COTS Components Using Ad-hoc Approach
Автор: Somya Goyal, Anubha Parashar
Статья в выпуске: 5 Vol.7, 2017 года.
This paper presents the current scenario of our software industry which is deploying CBSE approach to construct high quality deliverable software products at shorter time to market. As both Vendor-specific and OSS COTS components are equally popular now-a-days. Hence, the availability of a wide range of COTS components in market is quite high. To select the best suitable candidate among the various available components, various formal methods and techniques like OTSO have been introduced by researchers. In this paper, COTS based software development & SDLC under CBSE tradition are discussed. Along with this discussion, it uncovers the fact that our software developers are applying Ad-hoc techniques as per their taste for making the selection of the most appropriate components for their projects rather than following the formal methods. Through this paper, various possible reasons behind the ‘Not-so-In-Use’ nature of these formal methods are being reported.
COTS (Commercially-off-the-shelf), CBSE (Component based Software Engineering), OTSO (Off-the-shelf-Option), WSM (Weighted Scoring Method), AHP (Analytical Hierarchical Processing)
Короткий адрес: https://sciup.org/15012996
Список литературы Selecting the COTS Components Using Ad-hoc Approach
- Basili, V.R., Boehm B., “COTS Based System Top 10 List,” IEEE Computer, Vol. 34, No. 5, May 2001.
- http:// www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?ContainerId=IDC_P644, 2007.
- J. Kontio, “OTSO: A Systematic process for reusable software component selection,” University Maryland Report CS-TR-3478, UMIACS-TR-95-63-1995.
- M. Torchiano et al., “ Overlooked facts on COTS based development,” Software, Vol. 21, No.2, 2004, pp 88-93.
- Sheng, J. and Wang, B, “Evaluating COTS Components Using Gap Analysis”, 2008.The 9th International Conference for Young Computer Scientists, IEEE, DOI 10.1109/ICYCS.2008.472.
- Couts, C. and Gerdes, P., “Integrating COTS Software : Lessons from a large healthcare organisation”, 2010. IT professional, Vol. 12,pp.50-58.
- Tarawneh F., Baharom F., Yahaya J. H. and Ahmed F.,” Evaluation and selection COTS Software process : The State of Art”, 2011. International Journal on new computer architecture and their applications (IJNCAA) Vol. 1, No. 2, pp.344-357.
- Mead, N. R. ,: N Evaluation of A-Square for COTS Acquisition”,2014.A technical report, Carnegie Mellon University, SEI. CMU/SEI-2014-TN-003.
- J. Kontio, “ A case study in applying a systematic method for COTS selection,” 1996. Proceedings of 18th International Conference on Software Engineering.
- J. Kontio, S. Chen, K. Limperos, R. Tesoriero, G. Caldiera and M. S. Dentsch, “ A COTS selection method and experience of its use,” 1995. Proceedings of the 20th Annual Software Engineering Workshop. NASA. GreenBelt, Maryland.
- J. Kontio and S. Chen, “Hypertext document viewing tool trade study: summary of evaluation results,” 441-TP-002-001,1995. EOS Project technical paper Hughes Corporation, EOS Project.
- J. Kontio, S.Chen, K. Limperos and J. Hung, “Hypertext document viewing tool trade study: Evaluation criteria definitions,” 1995. Internal project documentation. University of Maryland.
- Kumar, D., Jha, P.C., Kapur, P.K., and Kumar, U.D., “ Optimal Component Selection Problem for COTS based Software System under Consensus Recovery Block Scheme: A Goal Programming Approach”, 2012. International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol.47, No. 4.
- Gupta P., Mehlawat, M.K. Mittal, G. and Verma,S.,” COTS Selection using Fuzzy Interactive Approach: Optimization letters”, 2012. Springer Vol.6, Issue 2, pp. 273-289.
- Bali S., Jha P.C., Kumar U.D., “Fuzzy Multi-Objective Build-or-Buy Approach for Component Selection of Fault tolerant system”, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Soft computing, Inder-Science, Vol.4, No.2/3, pp. 98-119.